DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Lockable Hood Pins?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  twenty5Psi 
#1 ·
Hey yall,
Well I have Sparco hood pins for my CF hood.
And was wondering if any of you have heard of lockable hood pins that use a "tumbler" style key, you know the round keys for soda machines, cash registers, etc....
Any input?

#2 ·
There was a guy at the SJ DSM meet a few weeks ago with an rx-7 who had locks on his hood pins..looked pretty cool, but I don't know if they actually sell them like that. You could probablly find them at any odds and ends place or maybe a home depot just make sure they're really small...you don't want a huge master lock scratching up your nice hood :p

#3 ·
I have a couple buddies that have them, Im not sure who make them but I know one buddy hit the center median and they both broke off and his hood flew up and he hit a car trying to get across the freeway because he couldnt see anything.

#4 ·
Could you find out either who made them or where he got them at?

4bangin said:
I have a couple buddies that have them, Im not sure who make them but I know one buddy hit the center median and they both broke off and his hood flew up and he hit a car trying to get across the freeway because he couldnt see anything.

#8 ·
I have an NT, so running "at the track" isn't a big concern to me:)
I wonder if the autoX judges would care though.

4SFED4 said:
Summit sells them, thats where I got mine. Most race tracks won't let you run with them though.

#10 ·
I have some non-locking ones from Autozone

I have a set of the non-locking super cheap proforms on my 86 Civic Si. For 6.99 they are great and i don't know about the locking ones hold down strength wise,but i know i have had mine all the way up to 122mph and they where holding the hood fine. Oh and before anybody ask, i really didn't want them, a lady backed into my civic and messed the front up and the hook latch was messed up so i had to get them,but they look ok to me:D

#12 ·
There is a guy with one of those AWD Turbo Geo Storm looking things that autocrosses with them and they never say anything about it, my buddy got his from a local speed shop though, sorry I have been back here since my last post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.