DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Tial BOV

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Larse 
#1 ·
While Tial seems to be pretty well know for their External Wastegates, I'm a little curious about the BOV I saw at forcedperformance.com

I originally planned to go with the TurboXS RFL, I was a little curious to see if anyone had the Tial. All "reviews" would be appreciated... :)

#2 ·
Just put one on the Galant when I installed the VPC. This thing is awesome. Not for someone looking for a quiet BOV. It is loud. It's so big that the presure just whoooshes out. No whistle, just a "WHOOOOOOOSH". :) Very nice piece. Great construction.

Don't even think about putting it on without a VPC. It vents to the atmosphere. I tried running it without my VPC and only got thru 1 gear before it stalled.

If you can vent to atmosphere, this is the one to get.

#6 ·
Yes, hes talking about the Tial BOV. I've read umpteen reveiws on the RFL....Just wondering if the tial was any good.

What are some benefits to getting a VPC. I've read thaey can help out on idle if you upgrade cams, and are a neccessity if you vent to the atmosphere. I'm assuming this is an AFC/VPC combo also..

#7 ·
Larse said:
What are some benefits to getting a VPC. I've read thaey can help out on idle if you upgrade cams, and are a neccessity if you vent to the atmosphere. I'm assuming this is an AFC/VPC combo also..
You get rid of the MAF altogether. Bid deal on 1g, not so much on 2g (known to be good to ~450hp). Hence the disproprtionate number of 1g guys using it over 2g guys. But its an advantage none the less...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.