DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

pics of red 2g w/ black wheels?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bedlam32570 
#1 ·
im thinking about painting my stock gs wheels black , but not sure how it will look. any pics would help.

#5 ·
Powder coating would be best. I just got a powder coating kit for christmas I think it was around 160 bucks and came with gloss black powder. Then find an old oven to cook them in and there you go. I plan on doing my 18" konig imagine's with a silver lip on a black car..anyone care to comment on how it'll look?

#6 · (Edited)
i asked somebody to powdercoat for me, but he said the whole wheel would have to be sandblasted first, meaning i'd have to protect the part i want to keep silver with more than masking tape.

thats a nice kit! and cheap!
I'd get it if not for I don't have an oven to be able to hold one of the 18" wheels i just got and want to powdercoat.

Edit: Found this about powdercoating kits. still seems like a good idea, but food for thought: http://www.luna-computers.mcmail.com/kits.html

#7 ·
I haven't read into doing it yet, but if they have to be sandblasted then I will run into my auto shop at my high school and bead blast them for free, a kid did his last year..took awhile, but they fit. Also, I'm going to look for an old oven on the side of the road or at a yard sale for a couple of bucks just so I can bake the rims. If they mess up, oh well I'll try again..the best way to learn is from your mistakes

#8 ·
i am telling you, you need to save up on that cash you are making and buy some subs with that money. you gonna need some lite wheels when you running turbo plus i think i know of a place to get them for a great price instead of the place i bought mine. this guy quoted me 645 shipped for a body kit.

#9 ·
bedlam32570 said:
i am telling you, you need to save up on that cash you are making and buy some subs with that money. you gonna need some lite wheels when you running turbo plus i think i know of a place to get them for a great price instead of the place i bought mine. this guy quoted me 645 shipped for a body kit.
...please be a joke. please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.