DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Shaved door handles

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MitsuGST95 
#1 ·
I know a guy that will shave my door handles and paint them back for $75 each. All I have to do is get the module to open the doors. I want the one that uses a remote to open the doors. I don't really want something that anybody can get to and open my doors.
Can anyone tell me where to get one of these?
Or at least tell me about how much they cost?
Thanx for any info.

#2 ·
first off you should search cuz i know personally i have had a post with this as the title......

go to www.commandoalarms.com or www.autoloc.com, they both have excellent setups.... it would be best to go with some 35 lb solenoids....

the biggest reason i am not shaving mine is the track wouldnt let me run..... safety precaution

#4 ·
"first off you should search cuz i know personally i have had a post with this as the title......"

Well they must have deleted your shit because I did a couple of different searches and nothing came up. Maybe you can do it better somehow.

"the biggest reason i am not shaving mine is the track wouldnt let me run..... safety precaution"

I was gonna get them shaved instead of having to keep replacing the damn door handles when they break off , but if I wont be allowed to run at the track then fuck it!
Thanx for any info, but I guess it wont be happening now.
Nevermind this thread unless anyone else is interested

#5 ·
i apologize.... they have deleted alot of stuff here....

i did call my local track and they said i would need a retarded flame.. err a flame retardant suit if i wanted to run with shaved handles cuz i would then need the windows down......

if ur sick of breaking handles, get some plastic epoxy and use that..... i have used it on both as a temporary fix and its holding up no problem

#6 ·
I might try that epoxy since I don't really want to spend $40 on some damn handles.

As for racing with shaved handles, do you think that they would let me run if I had the FIRE BOTTLE system in my car. I think it's really pointless unless you race for a living in some truely badass cars, but I would do it if I had to. It would make one hella mess if I had to use it, but I was also thinking what if "The Guy" came to pull me out of my burning car and the damn handle broke on him!:D I'm not to worried about it anyway, I mean I'm all about the safety but I've blown up before and I believe that if I was getting burned.......I could jump 100x higher than Micheal Jordon out of my sunroof. I don't give a damn how fast I'm going, I rather be stabbed in the neck than be burned like that again.

Anyway, what do you think about the FIRE BOTTLE system instead of the suit?

I sence this is going pretty far out there............

#7 ·
if i were you.... i would contact the track u plan on spending most your time at..... some do allow you to w/o any precautions....

#8 ·
I have 2 handles i may sell for a 1G. mine are shaved, and no problems at the tracks up here in WI.

Personally, i really really like the look of shaved handles, one of the best appearance mods in my mind. (it's the little things that count)

good luck whatever your choice, and $75!!!! DAMN!!!! i cannot even buy the paint for that!! wow, go for it as long as the guy knows what he's doing. cuz if he has no clue, then damn, i'll do it $50 and it'll look the same!! ;)

#9 ·
hey devlish,

do u run at rock falls ? i emailed them and thats wut they told me... i would have to roll my windows down and get a suit.....

wut does there inspection consist of and wut does no electronics mean ?

#10 ·
sorry, i should have made myself a little clearer... i have done a few parking lot Auto-X's, and not had a problem. the car with shaved handles is my NT, and i wouldn't bother taking it to the Qtr Mile. runs like mid 16's with all that stereo crap in there.

I have my AWD for racing (when she wants to run right that is)

#11 ·
had my hopes up... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.