DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Short Shifter

2K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  KScivic 
#1 ·
#16 ·
i had that one in my 2g, it was only about .75-1 inch shorter. But the throws were like 50 percent shorter. Length has nothing to do with it. You will have to make a bushing for the left to right part, the end of it is different than stock and there will be a bunch of play there. (left to right play) . I used it to my advantage though, because you could have the shifter in second, push ot right, and shift directly up to third, just as if you were shifting from 4th to 3rd.

#19 ·
The OBX shifter is garbage... I had one for about a week unil I found a buyer.
This one:
Stephen said:
is the B&M knockoff (if you didn't know) and is AWESOME!!! If you want a Short Throw Shifter on a budget, then get that one. It is the same height as stock though, so you would have to cut and weld to make it shorter in that sense. But if you only want a Short Shifter to reduce the height of the knob, then you are shopping for the wrong reason.

#23 ·
I installed the B&M shifter, but later sold it on eBay. I found it to be too high and never liked the “through feel” of it. I just cut 2-1/4 inches off the stock, added a Momo knob on it, and happy ever after. PERSONALLY, I consider after market shifter (along with the lighten flywheel) as one of those unnecessary mods.

#26 ·
planckscale said:
, I consider after market shifter (along with the lighten flywheel) as one of those unnecessary mods.

I wouldn't say they are completely unnecessary. A shortened shifter is a huge help for getting quicker times on the track. It helps you get into the gears much quicker obviously thast why they call it a short shifter :) But if someone is serious about going fast than that JNZ shifter or something along the lines of that is the way too go. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.