DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Look, my intake is off and this E85 issue?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  habitatguy187 
#1 ·
Hey guys, pulled my intake in favor of my JMF street and come to find out I have a nice build up of goo I'm assuming came from running straight E85. I'm wondering if there is something I can do to clean it off right now and also what I can do to prevent it in the future?

It seems like the closer to the cam gears, the worse it is. All my injectors were clear except for the one closest to the cam gears.

THIS video really shows it a ton better than the still shots.

Lastly, take a look at my knock sensor. Does it appear to be going bad? Would this cause me to have erratic knock or would it not read knock and potentially blow up my car? I'm thinking I better just buy a new one while it is easily accessed

See less See more
#8 ·
This sounds like a very believable scenario, however I've changed everything over to E85 compatible things. Walbro 450, Russel pro classic -6AN lines, FIC 2150's with new O-rings and Fuel lab filter housing with stainless element. :dunno::dunno::(

#9 ·
I see this all the time at work, more so with direct fuel injection. But its believed that the ethanol in today's fuels are leaving this carbon type build up. We have to do cleaning's on intake ports where this builds up to the point it causes running issues. I have seen this as well on another dsm forum with guys running E85. You may want to consider running some fuel additives every now and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.