DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

MCCC vs Amsoil Engine Flush??

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Keaka26 
#1 ·
Is the Amsoil Engine flush the same thing as the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner? Will I get the same results, because MCCC is hard to come by these days. I read on MCCC that you spray into the PCV nipple on the intake then put 1/4 of the can in each cylinder and let that soak for quite a few hours.

Is this process identical to the Amsoil flush??

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
i sprayed a whole can throw my pcv valve and emptied another whole can into each cyclinder. i let it sit over night then vacuumed out the liquid. before i did this, my egts would shoot to 1600+ at 18psi, untuned car with stock exhaust. now, still untuned though, they dont go higher than 1500.

call you're nearest dodge dealer for mccc. the guy gave me a discount since i bought 5 bottles.

#5 · (Edited)
Keaka26 said:
Is the Amsoil Engine flush the same thing as the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner? Will I get the same results, because MCCC is hard to come by these days. I read on MCCC that you spray into the PCV nipple on the intake then put 1/4 of the can in each cylinder and let that soak for quite a few hours.

Is this process identical to the Amsoil flush??

Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming the amsoil goes in the crankcase. This would only flush the parts in contact with the oil. The MCCC is sprayed into the combustion chamber, so this is where the cleaning would be done. So no, you won't get the same results from these two different products.

#7 ·
Ok, I got some MCCC today. But I am getting conflicting instructions. I hear some things are saying to spray the MCCC into the intake pipe through the PCV nipple, others saying to spray into the intake manifold....

Thing is, couldnt the MCCC damage the turbo somehow? Doesnt seem like something that would be good. I dont know how id spray it into the TB because the car wouldnt read through the MAF sensor properly if i disconnected the UIP....

Where do i spray this stuff to clean the valvetrain (not the cylinders part of the process, i understand that part.)

#9 ·
Wouldn't it be pretty pointless and a waste of $$$ to use the Amsoil engine flush, if you've been running Mobil 1 10w30 for the psat 20K??? I used Amsoil on my last talon and will be using it again in the next couple weeks:) I'm the third owner on the talon now and the previous two owners used petroleum 10w30 for the 1st 100K and then the guy switched over to Mobil1. No leaks whatsover and hopefully none will arise with the Amsoil:)

#10 ·
Keaka26 said:
Ok, I got some MCCC today. But I am getting conflicting instructions. I hear some things are saying to spray the MCCC into the intake pipe through the PCV nipple, others saying to spray into the intake manifold....

Thing is, couldnt the MCCC damage the turbo somehow? Doesnt seem like something that would be good. I dont know how id spray it into the TB because the car wouldnt read through the MAF sensor properly if i disconnected the UIP....

Where do i spray this stuff to clean the valvetrain (not the cylinders part of the process, i understand that part.)
You can spray in either the tb or pcv. I chose the PCV bc it's easier to get to. Make sure to use a funnel when you do it this way. If you do decide to go the tb route, the car will idle even if you pull off the uip and the maf isn't reading correctly.

The only part of the valvetrain you want to clean with MCCC are the valves in contact with the intake air...that's it. if you want to clean the other parts, use motor flush or ATF. MCCC won't hurt your turbo.

#14 ·
i thought u just cleaned carbon deposits out the cylinders with MCCC while the car was off, so you also spray it into the TB while the car is running to clean things up also?

#16 ·
loreak said:
i thought u just cleaned carbon deposits out the cylinders with MCCC while the car was off, so you also spray it into the TB while the car is running to clean things up also?
yup...

spraying directly into the manifold while the car is on cleans the intake manny and valves...pretty much anything that comes in contact with the intake air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.