DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Boost controller problems

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  MyBoostedGST 
#1 ·
So i hooked up my Turbo Xs MBC yesterday..and i cant seem to get it to work. I used a diagram from dsmtuners...but it doesnt work. I have a few pictures, cuz i thought that would help.

Hope this works..never posted pics before.

When the boost controller is all the way down..it hisses a little bit. The more you open it up the more it hisses. If you pinch the hose coming from the turbo side the hissing goes away. Im lost.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's hooked up backwards. Turbo xs mbc's don't get hooked up like a typical ball and spring controller.

The bottom nipple should go to the wastgate and the side one to the pressure source.

There should be a little arrow next to one of the nipples indicating which way the air should travel and it always goes towards the wastegate actuator.

#7 ·
OK so im still having problems. I ran a new vacum hose from the turbo to the bottom of the controller. And I tee'd into the BOV line and put it on the side. But I cant adjust boost..Whats wrong?

Edit: So i think im confused...is the golden thing right in front of the turbo the BCS or the WGA?? Do i hook up the line from the turbo or that golden thing? :chair: :(

#9 ·

Here's your instructions. Really from a TurboXS mbc too. ;)
If you still have the T-25 do it exactly how you see in the picture.
Of the compressor outlet nipple... to the side facing port on the boost controller... the downward facing port off the controller to the WGA.
It WILL work then.
Tapping off anything so far away from the turbo such as the bov line will grant more variance, and unexpected results.
If you have a 14b, there's an outlet nipple on the stock J-pipe.
Use that.

Simple.
You ask and you shall recieve...
:D

#11 ·
Those were turboxs diagrams dill-weed.
:p

The actual instructions FROM turboXS...
Since I have a turbo XS mbc too.
Which is on my car and working?
And thats exactly how its hooked up...

Whatchoo talkin bout mang?
:confused:

#12 ·
I am talking about that i used to have a turboxs mbc that was a bleeder type, and you had to hook it up in place of the stock bcs. That was the only way for it to work. I am not contridicting anyone, just filling in wil a little experience that i had like 2 years ago with a pita mbc.

#13 ·
Absolutely.
Stock BCS has to go.
You can't double run it.
Well... you can but I won't get into that here.

It even says in the instuctions if your car's boost is electronically controlled it must be disabled and used as the only source of boost control.
And the BCS is exactly that.

And yes.
It is a PITA boost controller.
Fo sho.
:(

#14 ·
is the Voodoo MBC a Bleeder type as well? should this be hooked up in the same way. with the side nippe going to the turbo outlet and/or j pipe. because im having the same problem.

#15 ·
Ok so i have it hooked up to the WGA and the BOV line.

Yes Asmodeus..I will switch it like the way you said.

But it works right now. The only problem im occuring now..
Is that when the MBC is "closed", It works fine and boosts 9 lbs.

But when you open it up,
(I got it to 13 lbs.)
It starts to sound like it leaks.
And The more you "open" it up,
The louder the hissing is.

Is the MBC itself broke?

And there is a link to the Turbo XS instructions in the 4th post on here.

-Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.