DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Cheapest place to buy a 16G compressor wheel?

971 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  2Slow99GST 
#1 ·
I need a new compressor wheel for my 16G. I called around a few weeks back and found one place in Alabama or Mississippi that had one for $90, but I can't find the phone number or remember the name of the shop. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I tried turbochargers.com, and a few of the other DSM vendors, but they all want $150 and up. HELP! I NEED to replace my tired 14B.

#3 ·
I'll look for that phone number again. I know its around here somewhere. I should have ordered it from them while I had them on the phone. If I can't find it I'll probably buy one from Forced Performance. Besides, I've never heard of the other shop, so the extra $10 may just be worth the piece of mind.

#4 ·
just curious, are you guys going to do this yourself, or will you have to take the turbo to a shop to have it balanced? i know there are instructions on vfaq for the turbo, so just curious, for $100 a 16g wheel is pretty good, my turbine housing is not cracked or anything either..

#5 ·
Yeah, gonna do it myself. I have rebuilt several 14B's. It is really pretty simple. Just follow the VFAQ. As far a balancing, I've heard a couple of different things. Some say that the Mitsu wheels ar balanced individually, so blancing the entire assembly as one piece isn't necessary, however some have told me that it is. I do have a shop locally that will balance the assembly for me for like $30 tho, so I'll probably do that just to be safe anyhow. I got my turbo, minus the turbine housing for like $30, then picked up a brandy new 7cm hosung from Buscher for $140. Gonna port it myself and with the new compressor wheel, have a practically new 16G for less than $300. :D

#6 ·
Anybody know if Buschur is still selling the 7cm housing for 140? I looked on their site and couldn't find it anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.