DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How To Install A Boost Controller

7K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  RippinGSX 
#1 ·
I Have A 1996 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd It Has A 1st Gen Bov And An Hks Intake And The Boost Controller I Have Is Joe P Manual And Im Trying To Install Please Help Me Out Thanx

#8 ·
4g63tcrazy said:
No do not tap off the BOV line and yes tap into the compressor housing/ j-pipe.

LOL....yes it is better to tap into the j-pipe but searching through the pages of dsm engine bay pics...90% or more still do it the vfaq way including myself. Im still waiting to see an aftermarket j-pipe come out with it pre-tapped. Once one comes out it will be my sign to give up and move on.

#9 ·
Jp90Talon said:
LOL....yes it is better to tap into the j-pipe but searching through the pages of dsm engine bay pics...90% or more still do it the vfaq way including myself. Im still waiting to see an aftermarket j-pipe come out with it pre-tapped. Once one comes out it will be my sign to give up and move on.

I was like well isnt that the way everyone does it :D

#10 ·
strokintsi said:
I was like well isnt that the way everyone does it :D

Well I am not going to go into the fine details since they can easily be found by searching....but tapping into the j-pipe is the better more sound method, but the old school method is what I have always done and most others as well. Old habits just die hard...Im just a stuborn Pollock! ;)

#12 ·
Jp90Talon said:
Your wait is over. Dejon has been making one for years brother. :D I have one if you need it.
By the way, this thread is closed due to lack of searching. OP, read the rules before you post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.