DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Code P0705???

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  slipstream808 
#1 ·
I have a CEL w/ the code P0705 "Trans range sensor". What is causing this problem? Anyone know how to fix this? Help is appreciated. Thanks
-Brian

#8 ·
sleepytalon said:
98talon.... thanks for the benefit of the doubt. but i WAS just messing around.lol. i have no idea what that could be,but come on dude... "maybe your transmission"?
lol

good luck w/your problem
I'm just being a ball buster... :p
I'm going to check some books at home and see if I can find out..

#10 ·
sleepytalon said:
lol....i just realized he called what i said, a answer.lol

autozone doesnt tell you what the codes they read means? canyou just call them up and ask about the code your getting?
All of the autozones around here are shit. They don't help you with anything.

slipstream808 said:
Hmm, trans range error. Maybe the temperature is outta whack. Check your fluid level lately?
Ya, I have checked my fluid. Thanks though.

#11 ·
this is the exact wording on that code
P0705 Transmission Range Sensor circuit (PRNDL - Input)
I don't know if that helps any doubtful I'm trying to find out for you though.. I'm searching on my Manuals and see if I get lucky

#14 ·
You might wanna get the manual out to find a test to see if the sensor is working correctly. If it isn't, then you'd need a new sensor. I just looked at my list of OBD-II codes. Here ya go:

0700-Trasnsmission Control System Malfunction
0701-Transmission Control System Range/Performance
0702-Transmission Control System Electrical
0705-Trans Range Circuit Switch
0706-Trans Range Switch Performance
0707-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Low Input
0708-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input
0709-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Intermittent

The rest of them involve temperature sensor malfunctions. I hope this helps eliminate some of the other possibilities as to what it may be. I mean there are a LOT of other ones as well. There are like 70-80 of these things total. Though I don't think they are all referring to the automatics. You need to get in the manual to figure more out on how your auto transmission works and cross-check with the error codes to see similarities in wording. This will give you the best idea of how stuff works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.