Clutch pedal assembly.. - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
559dsm
New DSMtalker

eagle talon 93
559dsm's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch pedal assembly..

93 tsi fwd. So my bushings on the pedal assembly are missed up, or going out. I cant get into 3rd sometimes when im pushing it, or when im downshifting into third. Many times, I cant get into reverse. Those are the main gears i cant get into, mainly after driving for a while, pumping the clutch works for some reason before getting into gear. Clutch cylinder is fine, and i blead the system. Does anyone know where i can buy bushings? And, whats the best gear oil to use for my car, and what else could be good to do for smoother shifting? Thanks.

DSM HATERS
559dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
nettslash
Hardcore DSMtalker

91 TSi awd
nettslash's Gallery
Re: Clutch pedal assembly..

Are you sure the assembly is getting worn out?

Do you have the master cylinder adjusted correctly?

The 2nd paragraph of my post, on the first page of the following thread, may be of some help. http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237086

As far as the best gear oil, I think anyone would have a hard time disagreeing with me answering that question with, Mitsu Diaqueen gear lube.

Another thought, as simple as this sounds, check the bracket on the trans that holds the cables. There's a chance it came loose.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery
Feedback Score: 30 reviews

Having issues with mainly 1 gear would lead me towards a trans issue. The biggest thing that happens with the pedal assembly is the lever at the end wears out. Easiest way to check, grab your pedal with your hand and pull it up (or back towards the driver seat) If you feel it "shift" and come back to you, then the lever at the end is worn. You wouldn't get betting the full travel.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
gsxgsxgsx
DSMtalker

98 eclipse GSX
gsxgsxgsx's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I had a similar issue in my 2g. It was first gear though, but sometimes I could not get it to go in, or it would feel like it went in but the car wouldn't move when I tried to engage it. It started doing it more and more often until first gear would never work. It was the bushings, replaced them and first gear worked perfectly.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
559dsm
New DSMtalker

eagle talon 93
559dsm's Gallery

where did you get the bushings from??
559dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
ET93
Super DSMtalker

92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
ET93's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Sheptrans sells upgraded brass bushings. Most of the time when the 1g clutch linkage goes it it's because of the arm that attaches the huge spring and the pedal to the master cylinder. They typically round out and cause a hourglass shape in the rectangle key hole. You'll see what I'm talking about if you research it a little or rip it apart.

Here's a link to the bushings. http://sheptrans.com/products/dsm-aw...edal-bushings/

He also rebuilds them and welds the linkage together where I said it usually rounds out at. It doesn't cost to much more but there is a core. All I did was take the linkage arm out of a non turbo and put it on mine deleting the spring and it worked perfect.

But when you rip it apart take a look at it to see what your real problem is.

EDIT: When I had problems with my clutch linkage I would have to pump the clutch or slam on the clutch pedal to get it to fully disengage. It also usually had problems in reverse and 1st. Occasionally 2nd.
ET93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement