(LEAN) not your normal problem 2gb dsm - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > General DSM Tech and Tuning

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Grape peeler
DSMtalker

Mitsubishi
Grape peeler's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down (LEAN) not your normal problem 2gb dsm

So 2gb bolt ons parts that matter, wally 190, fic 950, new fuel filter, new maf, new isc, new o2, new tps, new br7es Ngk, magnacore wires, stock coil, stock fpr, even new oil Im sure Im forgetting alot but anyway.

My car from a cold start will idle rich like normal, no high idle
as it warms up you can hear the car getting quieter while
it pops like a slight misfire and slowly makes it way lean till the wideband cant read it,

When the car is warmed it will idle surge slowly and or idle at 2500-3000rpm and then randomly like a switch go crazy lean as if it had huge cams wideband leaned out.

While highway cruising I see 14.7a/f the whole way but city crusing from a light
I let the clutch out and give it gas... LEAN then climbs back to normal air fuels and repeat for every gear till im cruising, wot the a/f are normal.

I have a video of the car from a stop leaning out each gear if anybody really needs it. I boost leak tested it to 20psi the only leak i hear is the tb shaft seals but they been leaking for quiet sometime if i move the plate it gets louder of course my only problem is that this problem wasnt always going on and these seals have always leaked since i had the car. I ordered the seals today because they need to be replaced but im almost positive it isnt the throttle body shaft seals. Why would it run perfect then run horrible at 0-30% throttle from a stop.

I have hit a wall with this problem as you can see ive just about replaced everything besides the actual coil, their was a afpr on the car but it wasnt needed made no difference.

I dont know if im over looking something or if these are signs for something but im the kind of guy that scrolls through forums all day for someone with the same problem but people have fixed theirs and my problem is on going, almost like the ecu is shot, or the fuel pump isnt getting enough power but then it would screw up at wot, coolant temp sensor? If you are confused please ask i need all the help and extra feedback i can get at this point because this has got out of hand. If you read/see something odd ask! I cant think of what this can be anymore. Shaft seals cant be doing all this!

Last edited by Grape peeler; 04-12-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Grape peeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
nettslash
Hardcore DSMtalker

91 TSi awd
nettslash's Gallery
Re: (LEAN) not your normal problem 2gb dsm

14.7:1 at cruising loads, is nothing to worry about.

Going into each gear, you have to remember that you are increasing load as you let the clutch out. Its going to be leaner as your letting it out. Try not accelerating while going into the next gear, then once the clutch is all the way out, mash the pedal. I can almost bet that it wont go lean at all.

Did you just a wideband?

Do you have a way of logging?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Grape peeler
DSMtalker

Mitsubishi
Grape peeler's Gallery

Yeah i'm just basing it off a wide band gauge, Can I log with evo scan? I'm pretty much just using that to tune my car. But it is on the stock map just calibrated for 950s. I do some times drive it and it doesn't have a problem going lean, but that doesn't solve while at idle it randomly leans out horribly almost like it's starving and then makes it way back like the ecu is trying help it, Almost like a bad fuel pump but it cant be if it runs great in boost.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Grape peeler
DSMtalker

Mitsubishi
Grape peeler's Gallery

The car almost has a electrical switch and during my day driving it, it will just buck and then it'll be Ok a few rpms higher no matter if im idling or cruising. I have a new alternator from advanced auto it only took me three times to get a good one.... The battery is a little old too but, the car starts windows work fine etc. btw if i turn my radio past about 15/40 the speakers crackle no matter what kind of speakers I have in, I don't have an amp though so i never thought of it, and I can hear my fuel pump surging when I put my blinkers on, or when i use my lights, normal?? I know dsm's don't get a lot of juice at idle but i don't know if that is normal for a wally pump.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
MuffinMan7580
Hardcore DSMtalker

1991 Talon AWD
MuffinMan7580's Gallery
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Log your coolant temps and see if they're believable.
Then I see a big black furry fucking bastard goddamn spider fly across the room and slowly fall out of the sky onto the floor. Naturally I hopped off the couch, screamed like a bitch, found one of the dog's toys and beat the shit out of it.
MuffinMan7580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
BISHILVR
Elite DSMtalker

MITSUBISHI GST 1999
BISHILVR's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

^^^ Yes, and what are your low fuel trims and current fuel trims at when at an idle? Yes you use Evoscan to datalog with, Ecuflash is the ecu programmer.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
2gTurBoD
New DSMtalker

1999 Eclipse GSX
2gTurBoD's Gallery

Check your battery. I had this same issue just recently. It idled rich when cold, then once warmed up, it idled extremely lean but the A/F was around 14.7 to 14.8 good at cruise. I replaced my O2 sensor, TPS, Knock sensor. Bought a new battery the other day, and it fixed everything. My battery showed good, when I tested with the voltmeter and even the parts store said it was fine but It had a dead cell in it.
2gTurBoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
2gTurBoD
New DSMtalker

1999 Eclipse GSX
2gTurBoD's Gallery

I also experienced the Misfire you spoke of when it leaned out.
2gTurBoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement