DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Fresh Paint!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  90BLACKAWDTSI 
#1 ·
I had a lady back into me about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Damage was not too bad but I went ahead and got the whole car painted. I need to do some minor fitment work but other than that it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I guess I should have worded my inquiry a little differently, but you touched on a little piece.

Say you are involved (not at fault) in a minor fender bender. Literally, a fender must be replaced, possibly a bumper, but that's it. How do you get their insurance to cover the entire respray? I'd assume any insurance company is going to try to replace only what is necessary- the bumper and fender, and only want to paint those two pieces and blend them in.

Now, while I'm not a painter, I do get some very good exposure to cars that have been "repaired." The blend work on most is... how do I say it... fucking atrocious! I'd fight tooth and nail to have the entire car resprayed, but the insurance company would argue that a blend would be sufficient. I could then say "Well, that's not good enough" with their retort being "We aren't responsible..."

So, could you elaborate a little more? I'm not calling you a liar or calling you out- I'm genuinely interested in how one gets the entire vehicle resprayed.

#10 ·
That would do it. I was about to say the same thing. Given a check for an est. of repairs one could take that amount and possibly get the whole car done. But! Blending on older faded cars is NOT easy. Close is best as you will likely get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.