DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Not enough gas or to much fuel not sure please help.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  greeneclipsers 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok here is whats happening is when the motor gets to run temp it starts to run funny like when your driving and you take your foot off the gas pedal the stutters like its not getting enough gas or to much air or i was thinking it could be carbon build up in the intake manifold or something like that cause i just replaced my fuel filter thinking it could be a gumed up fuel filter but it was not that so any help would be awesome cause i really dont want to have to bring my car to a shop and pay someone to fix and cost a crap ton of money. and my car is the nt laser.

#4 ·
Re: not enough gas or to much fuel not sure please help.

Is the car auto?

It could be fuel related, but I would start with pulling the plugs. I have a feeling they may need to be replaced. Not that this is the only possibility, just one of the most simple/cheap things to start with.

Could be a vacuum leak. Could be a bad o2 sensor. Could be the coilpack. Could be the injectors. Could be the maf. Or a lot of other things.

#5 ·

The car is a mt, 2.0 nt laser. I also checked my plugs and its not that, and I checked my vacum lines and from what I could tell it was not that either, so I might just have to bring it to a shop.

#6 ·

Does it happen when your WOT, or just while your cruising? How long has it been acting like this?

I could be wrong but what about his temp sensor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.