DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Name that connector!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  w1kk3d 
#1 ·
This small harness comes off the main fuse box harness, and stops about under the water pump area.
It has:
_| Black wire w/white stripe
_| Black wire w/yellow stripe
_| Sky blue wire (saw 1 silver line on it, but it's not striped)

I replaced the engine with one from a Mitsu RVR Hyper Gear, and I'm not sure if there is a place for it to go?
Original wiring harness from my Spyder (A/T).

The connector itself is broken, so I can't see what type of plug it is, sealed it off for good measures.

Car runs & drives, minor issues, blah blah.

See less See more
#4 ·
That plug doesn't look like any I remember seeing. Could be due to the fact it is broke . I also have never worked on a a/t Dsm. I was just thinking of a few things that are in the area it appears to be coming from. The BCS, CC, fog light, the reverse sensor (I don't know what sensors a A/T has) and the plug for the AC fan. Just throwing some ideas out there to check for. I really cant think of any wire which plugs into the engine and comes from that direction and I have done more than my share of plugging in Dsm engines.

#5 ·
Yea I dunno. I've combed through it a bunch of times, and there isn't anything that isn't unplugged.
It's like, what isn't on this RVR engine, that apparently was on my old one?

Can someone mosey on out to their 2g, and look at the fat harness coming out of the fusebox?

There is one wire loom branching off to the left, and one branching off to the right... it's the one on the right that goes nowhere for me.

#6 ·
I should clarify:

There is one immediate harness coming off to the right, that goes to the + batt terminal.
Then, about a foot down, there is one wire loom branching off to the left, and one branching off to the right... it's the one on the right that goes nowhere for me.

#9 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.