DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my flashy 2001 3G GT

5K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  AWD Terror 
#1 · (Edited)
#27 · (Edited)
actually i have never been beat by a hon-duh so wherever you guys get your info, its a little off. just because my only go-fast part is an injen CAI, that does not mean my 210 hp V-6 is gonna get beat by a 130 hp 4 banger. unless of course the kid thinkns hes the shit by ruining his engine by running a 75 shot of NAWZZZZZ (thats how you guys say it here right?)

#28 ·
sonnguyen said:
well.. lets look at the bright side.. i like the... uh... well the ....uhm.... you know that thingy that the...uh.... i like the leather seats! :)
i love how the flaming is cominig from people with completely stock cars, seeing they know so much on how much mods cost:rolleyes: when you kids have nearly as many bills as me, then you can come back and ask why i dont put it on plastic

#29 ·
$800 a month payment for car and insurance
You got owned at the dealership. :eek:

--

If you are happy w/ your car then so be it. :rolleyes: Personally, I think it looks like a rolling hot dog stand.

#30 ·
We all got bills man. but instead of spending $100 on yellow paint for the vents for $$$ for that graphic. they just think you could've made your car faster instead of "like a mcdonalds car"

#31 ·
BigAl95 said:
actually i have never been beat by a hon-duh so wherever you guys get your info, its a little off. just because my only go-fast part is an injen CAI, that does not mean my 210 hp V-6 is gonna get beat by a 130 hp 4 banger. unless of course the kid thinkns hes the shit by ruining his engine by running a 75 shot of NAWZZZZZ (thats how you guys say it here right?)

To start off, I think that the 3g GT's run at the best mid 15's... Honda's Can run 15's too. Just because the "130 hp 4 banger" is smaller than your "210 hp V-6" means absolutly nothing! If we all went by your theory I guess we would loose to all those V6 and V8's. They have more HP than we do right? The 3g's are HEAVY cars for that V6 with 210hp. Basically, what I am getting at is, you cannot brag that your car is faster than the 130hp 4bangers when you have done nothing to prove it! They don't need a 75 shot of NOS to tear you a new asshole.
Also, you come to OUR boards (dsmtalk.com) and post pictures of an arguably RICEY car. Then when people post their opinions you make fun of the boards as a whole? saying we say it NAWZZZZZ? Well you have fun driving around that slow car, but next time a honda pulls up next to you for a "Challenge"(as you called it) and you slouch down in your seat and ignore his revs, I will be the one laughing. Because you car is ugly and distasteful, but even more importantly, because you insulted me and basically all other imports out there.

#32 ·
Damn Chris.. :D

That was funny.

#33 ·
BigAl95 said:

i love how the flaming is cominig from people with completely stock cars, seeing they know so much on how much mods cost:rolleyes: when you kids have nearly as many bills as me, then you can come back and ask why i dont put it on plastic
My car is mostly stock. It's also red too and its ugly(stock looking 1g) but not as ugly as yours. You say you spent your money on "cheap" **cough** "show" **cough** stuff. I never knew oddly painted colors that don't match were even a part of a "show" car. As for you calling us all "kids" , that's totally fine because I know I can consider myself a kid but I have bills such you do. With the extra money, I dont' run to Home Depot for a can of spray paint. I bought a boost controller, exhaust and little stuff here and there.... no paint on my list as it will never be on my list. I understand why you would defend your car(because you did it and feel some pride in it) but seriously ask yourself... Does it look right? Go park the car at a McDonalds under the McD's arch and take a picture. You might get a sponsership there, and maybe even a job there to help pay off all your bills :takethat: :rice:

Also, I had a 138 whp Honduh (weighed 2765) that would've easily taken on that mighty V6 210 chp boat of yours.

#34 ·
Um how do u have 210 hp? i thought the GTS had 210 The Cali GT had 200 (yours since its a 01) and the Fed 205. Also you have a sporty, you cant break 15's with a cali spec sporty. With all the money on your show mods you could have saved some and bought a DP which does wonders for the Cali Specs.
To start off, I think that the 3g GT's run at the best mid 15's
No the 5sp Fed specs will break 14's with a real good driver and with a good driver youll be in the low 15's all day (yes i know big shit :rolleyes: )

#36 ·
conceyted said:
i havent heard of any 3gs break the 14s.... maybe its a miracle?
Don't call it a 3G. It's essentially the same thing as a Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Sebring, only the 'sporty' version. I doubt this car runs even mid 15's with an auto in it; however; a GSR will run low 15s all day, so come back with your Honda kills when you race one worthwhile, not the EX Civic with Si/VTEC badges.

#37 ·
turboawdtsi said:

a GSR will run low 15s all day, so come back with your Honda kills when you race one worthwhile, not the EX Civic with Si/VTEC badges.
that wasnt towards me right? heh... anyway the 3g motors stock dont break 14s like that other guy stated, thats what i was saying!

#38 ·
3g are madd tyte yo sluts lick ketchup off my hood like gravvy and tehy luv when ur beside me cuz i run 18's all night on my ar in the 1/8 mile and the tegs think i leik them heh no way jose they can catch a ride on teh bus with their man purses and wigs not even enuf here cuz ur stupid about my dopeass ride with the golden arches get some kleenex boi ur just jealous you dont have cheezburgers and fries in ur glovebox to feed to fatass new york kids to get sued yeah

#40 ·
Auto they wont break 15's. 5spd my dad came very very close to breaking 14's in south florida in hot hot weather in the summer stock (i have timeslip if you guys would like to see) and i have seen peoples timeslips in the 3g club of them breaking the 14's stock. If there any stock GST's or GSX's in Miami ill get my dad to run them and they can tell you how close the race was This way i can also meet some people with the same car as me :) . Either way in a month or so when i get my GSX running ill race um and ill see how it hangs :D And yea Sure its like the Stratus and the Sebring but arnt the 1g's and 2g's like the Talon and Laser. I guess the 6g72 engine is there "bond" with Chrysler now :confused: they Just dont have the same body like DSMs did.

#41 ·
BigAl95 said:

well lets see.. completely stock why? hm i got bills too yanno. otherwise i wouldnt. are you getting this? (1+1=2) you aint even stock, cuz you got some mad tite mods and yiour still saying you have bills and crap. (1 - 2= -1) HELLO?? :slam: oh well. i riced out my 1.8 laser back then. and just a tip: when people stare at your car, it's not what you think...

#42 ·
I know me and mine would laugh at that car. All show and no go is a complete waste of time/money/effort IMHO. Whatever floats your boat, dude. You need to spend less time trying to impress everyone else and make yourself happy. I have seen many a tastefully done "show" car, and the field is broad. What you did to your car seems to have been done without alot of foresight, almost like you got excited with a can of spraypaint and some flex-loom and really didn't consider 'how' it would look afterward.

#45 ·
notice it is an AUTO. the best time motortrend tv got outta a 02 GTS auto was a 16.1. those have a little more power and better tires and it couldnt do better. with his intake and superb driving i would say he could run a 16 flat to a 15.9 depending on weather conditions.

#48 ·
first of all, i never came on here and said my car was fast and i dont care that it isnt. if speed was THAT important to me, i would of at least got a 5sp, but instead a got the sporty/auto. and for the mods, i've prolly spent about $100 total for everything not including the CAI. graphics =$40, paint=$4.99, neon= $30, and other small vinyls and goodies. i came on here just to show my car and it turned into your car is slow thing as it does on EVERY board online. why dont people understand that not everyone is into speed as much. and like stated beofore, the only real mod that'll give you a serious change in the 3G is a supercharger or turbocharger that runs you about $5,000. if speed was that important to me, i wouldnt of even got a 3G.

#49 ·
and i have been to the track just for shits and giggles and ran a 16.5 without the CAI, thats not fast i know, but i can live with it, why cant anyone else here?

but if anyone cares, heres the records list for club 3G... www.neweclipse.org :)

GT Time Clubs

13.xx second members

13.9 *99.8 -M- CQ7String

14.xx second members

14.3 *96.0 -A- RADmitsu
14.5 *98.2 -M- BlackGT
14.5 *96.2 -M- Thuggish99
14.6 *98.4 -M- ECLPSGT
14.6 *97.5 -M- GOTT NOS
14.6 *96.5 -M- RukkusGT
14.6 *94.7 -M- Hondaeater
14.7 *95.0 -M- EclipseGT19
14.7 *93.4 -M- Delclipse007
14.8 *95.2 -M- Sam
14.8 *94.9 -M- TooCls2h8
14.8 *94.1 -M- Opusx
14.8 *93.4 -M- Tiger Shark
14.8 *90.4 -M- EclipseAgent
14.9 *91.0 -M- Lunatic68

15.xx second members

15.0 *91.6 -M- patriotredGT
15.0 *91.2 -M- 3g4u2envy
15.1 *91.3 -M- ZSkip
15.1 *90.7 -M- SCOTTYBALLS
15.1 *91.2 -M- Taz2w
15.1 *90.4 -M- DSMSPEED
15.1 *90.6 -M- hardcore
15.2 *92.5 -A- Dan58
15.2 *91.9 -M- DigitalEclipse
15.3 *92.2 -A- TE
15.3 *91.6 -M- PhatGT01
15.3 *89.9 -M- 2001 GT
15.4 *92.1 -M- FunkSoul DP
15.4 *91.4 -M- 01Doverman
15.4 *90.7 -M- Muffinboy
15.4 *90.5 -M- Flash_e_gt
15.5 *89.5 -M- Forester GT
15.5 *88.6 -M- BlueDemon
15.6 *89.6 -M- ManofSteel
15.6 *89.0 -M- SCxMaster *Higher Elevation
15.6 *87.4 -M- DIESEL
15.7 *89.0 -A- TitaniumGT2002
15.7 *88.9 -M- slotsgt
15.7 *88.4 -M- Tool
15.7 *88.4 -A- SHORTY
15.7 *88.3 -M- ForesterGT
15.8 *88.9 -M- R/T Pimp
15.9 *87.5 -M- KeithGT

#51 ·
Nitrous is a good mod for the 3g's and doesnt cost 5000. Headers, DP have both shown 20+ gains both of those less than 5000. Everyone that owns a aftermarket pulley says it the best bang for buck mod they have gotten. Pulley is only 120. Now you have a sporty so yea sucks for you unless you spend a ton of money on level ten. Should have gotten a 5 speed to atleast stand your ground with hondas and such :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.