DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my flashy 2001 3G GT

5K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  AWD Terror 
#1 · (Edited)
#53 ·
Since when was a "3g" (if you want to call it that) considered a DSM anyway? As far as I new, that car is all Chrysler except for the Mitsubishi badges on it and the 1g & 2g DSM's are opposite.

No wonder at all that the older models are faster. The only 4-cyl motor that Chrysler makes that comes close to the performance of a stock 1g or 2g DSM is the new turbocharged motor in the Neon SRT-4 which has a 16g and puts out 215hp.

#54 · (Edited)
BigAl95 said:
first of all, i never came on here and said my car was fast
'

you definatly said in a previous post that you could beat "hondah's" umm a 16.5??? what hondas are you beating besides my grandmaws? goddamn idiot...
]Originally posted by BigAl95
actually i have never been beat by a hon-duh so wherever you guys get your info, its a little off. just because my only go-fast part is an injen CAI, that does not mean my 210 hp V-6 is gonna get beat by a 130 hp 4 banger. unless of course the kid thinkns hes the shit by ruining his engine by running a 75 shot of NAWZZZZZ (thats how you guys say it here right?)

#55 ·
khendriksma1 said:
Since when was a "3g" (if you want to call it that) considered a DSM anyway? As far as I new, that car is all Chrysler except for the Mitsubishi badges on it and the 1g & 2g DSM's are opposite.
actualy its prob more Mitsu than Chrysler. It uses the same Mitsu engine that was in the 3000gt, then it also has many other things that Mitsu uses- the shifter is the same from one of the Evo's the bolt pattern is the same one ive seen on all the Mitsu 5 lug cars and theres some other small crap. Also like the 1g 2g Eclipse/Talon/Laser they change the front fascia after two years or so.

#56 ·
90GSXBooster said:

actualy its prob more Mitsu than Chrysler. It uses the same Mitsu engine that was in the 3000gt, then it also has many other things that Mitsu uses- the shifter is the same from one of the Evo's the bolt pattern is the same one ive seen on all the Mitsu 5 lug cars and theres some other small crap. Also like the 1g 2g Eclipse/Talon/Laser they change the front fascia after two years or so.

Oh, OK... my bad. Regardless, the only thing that the 3g really has going for it is the looks. I think the body style is the best looking one so far.

#59 ·
1g looks the best no doubt :D ....i hated the day my dad bought his 3G i kept telling him he should have just gotten the 2G but as time went by the car grew on me big time especialy the way the stock exaust sounds and not everyoe had one specialy the color my dad has... owell to expensive for me :eek:

#61 ·
BigAl95 said:
....... why dont people understand that not everyone is into speed as much. ......
so what are you into then?? stickers, neon, and randomly painted interior accesories??

#63 ·
am00re34 said:
I'm also not a huge fan of the 3g's body styling. i prefer the 2gs
they look.. more up to date i guess you would say, but they look like a stratus wannabes. i like the 2g's the best, considering i had all three generations.
1g=speed!/looks
2g=looks!/speed
3g=cuteness...:rolleyes:

keep in mind thats only my opinion.

if your not into speed, you have to adapt to the surrounding and realize that 90%+ ppl here ARE into speed, and expect flames. you should know that by now.. if not, then you and your car suit eachother 100%
:rice:

#64 ·
On this forum, if you post rice, you will get flamed. And don't EVEN think for one second anyone here will care about a 15/16 sec timeslip, so please don't post them, you are just wasting space. You said your 3g was flashy, and you got everyone elses opinion. As was mentioned, this forum, most are into SPEED. Maybe we need a RICE forum?? Wait, there is one at Ricecop.com.

If rice had a 1/4 mile.........your's would need a trailer to get there.

#65 ·
On this forum, if you post rice, you will get flamed. And don't EVEN think for one second anyone here will care about a 15/16 sec timeslip, so please don't post them, you are just wasting space. You said your 3g was flashy, and you got everyone elses opinion. As was mentioned, this forum, most are into SPEED. Maybe we need a RICE forum?? Wait, there is one at Ricecop.com.

If rice had a 1/4 mile.........your's would need a trailer to get to the track.

#67 ·
BigAl95 said:
i came on here just to show my car and it turned into your car is slow thing as it does on EVERY board online. why dont people understand that not everyone is into speed as much.
hmmmmmm, if this happens on EVERY board maybe you could take the hint....

btw 3g's are not DSM's

#69 ·
wow.. i actually read this thread.... but i would like to say that i like the 00+ eclipses. is that better than saying 3g? i think the current front fascia looks like a cross between the 2nd 2G and the old 00 bumper. boy am i glad that i didn't join this forum until after i got over my rice phase. On my 2g GS-T i had green lights in my front clear corners and a silver 2feet*1foot sticker of the kanji for mitsubishi draped across my right fender and hood. woohoo~! for some reason the green lights from the movie Spawn were attractive to me. bleh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.