DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Apexi Auto timer help

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  PropXprt 
#1 ·
Hey I just installed the Apexi Auto timer and it's working great. I was wondering if anyone else has this turbo timer and they could help me setting up the A/F value and the O2 Sensor Voltage. I did a search and I wasn't able to find any help on setting these 2 features up. Should I just leave it defaulted to what it has? Will that be a acturate reading?? Thanks for anyone that can help out.

-Tx97GSX

#4 ·
Thoughts on the timer

What do you guys think of the Apex-i unit? how hard was the install with out the harness, had any problems?

#7 ·
I have that new timer and it actually does a good job of giving a value close to what the proper a/f mix is. I usually dont use the ratio though, I use the O2 sensor voltage values for tuning. I have seen cars on dynos that graph the a/f mix and the apex TT seems pretty damn close. Basically I have mine set to 11. Most cars want a little higher than that but I am having massive fuel delivery issues due to the cold weather here in pa. At a ratio of 11:1 it is still a little rich but whatever. I have it tapped into the kick panel O2 voltage output harness rather than the ecu as the pin connections on the wiring diagram for the apex unit was incorrect. I wouldnt really rely on the ratio that much, I just have it set to that to see a green light light up at WOT (it's a psychological thing I guess) . Basically the unit uses the same technology the LED a/f guages use but it is a little easier to interpret due to numeric values versus little lights. Hope this helps. Lata

Bill K
PhillyDSM

#15 ·
Does anyone have a vfaq for this?? I really need a lil help. I do not have the greddy harness. I only have the wires coming from the back of the TT. I bought it from ebay and hope this is what it comes with. I am in the process of soldering up mySAFC 2 LE and would like to do this at the same time, but I do not know which wire go where. I know i sound like an idiot. I have wired to the ecu before many times but never the ignition. Please help
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.