DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

door handl removal?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  k1tty 
#1 ·
I am trying to remove the exterior door handle from my Laser and have it almost out with the exception of the lock mechanism. It looks like a c clip is holding it on but I cannot get it to move at all. Does anyone have any pointers that could help me remove the handle?

Thanks

#2 ·
There is a little wire clip holding the lock cylinder in place. If you lift it with a small screw driver and grab it with a needle nose pliars the lock cylinder will slide out of the hole. As for the rods, they are held in place with little plastic clips. Becareful how hard you tug on those because they're a biotch to get back together in the end. GF had broken the door handle on her car and I wound up having to replace it. Her brother fixed the lock cylinder by soaking the tumblers, so thats my 2 cents.

#8 ·
Lol, my brothers door handle broke off because it was so cold out. He hasn't replaced it yet..since last year. What a tard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.