DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2G turbo head and intake manifold

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pitbullcustoms 
#1 ·
My question is will a 2g turbo head be an performance upgrade if i stay n/t? My other question is, will the 2G turbo intake manifold bolt up to the 4G64 head and flow better then the stock manifold? my buddy wants them out of his garage and i can have them for FREE!! but i want to stay n/t

#2 ·
I would say you would have to look at the ports to tell if the head will flow better. It's not designed to be used in an na application. I think common sense would dictate that it's probably more trouble than it's worth unless your going to turbo the 4g64. I think you will have to have adjustable timing gears just to run the 4g63 head correctly. I would just get the head and manifold from him and keep them on hand. Then if you decide to turbo it you have the head and manifold. You could also sell them and use the money to pay for some upgrades if you decide to stay n/a.

#3 ·
You may be able to move the HP band higher with the 2G head, but unless you rev up to 6500rpm often, you probably won't notice too much difference.

The SOHC head and the DOHC head's intake manifolds are incompatable. You can't bolt one to the other.

#5 ·
If you stay non-turbo, not really. Obviously the cam gears won't be useful unless you change to a DOHC head. The ECU has no real advantages uness it's a 95 EEPROM, and you can run ECM Link or something similar, so you can fine tune things better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.