DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1G T-belt error, won't run past 3000.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Red1991TSI 
#1 ·
Just replaced the timing belt and all the seals under it, but something's not right. I also replaced the starter. It ran fine before.

Idle is smooth, but it revs slowly and won't go above 3000. Acts like its leaning out- if I didn't know better I'd say the MAF was disconnected.

I've checked all the timing marks a couple of times, they seem fine. Pretty sure I didn't reverse the plate- the motor can be rotated by hand with a wrench and there's good compression across the board. Maybe I knocked a vacuum line loose?

#2 ·
I've checked all the timing marks a couple of times,
:tat: Check 'em again! I was lining up the crank plate with the wrong arrow on the case. After I put the crank pulley on the error was obvious.

It's been a few years since I did this job-- shouldn't work from memory when I have the book handy! :rolleyes:

I did check the book for the torque and rotated everything by hand several turns so there's no worry of valve/piston contact. Duh... sorry to bother you guys, I thought it was harder than that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.