Constant Battery drain - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact UsStore

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Electronics Tech

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
GBorklu
New DSMtalker

Eclipse GSX 1997
GBorklu's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Constant Battery drain

Hello guys and gals,

I have this problem since the first day I got the car but finally I dove in to fixing it, normally I just disconnect the negative from battery and leave the car like that.

I noticed the west gate solenoid was buzzing and it can only be running if the ECU is on. Yes I found the ECU (AEM 30-1320 pretty old) is on even I turn off the key and wait a lot. The power pins on the ECU 12 and 25 are always on, unless I disconnect the AEM ecu and put it back. Then I need to start the engine and they never turn off.

question for the enthusiasts:

1- Is the power power pins using MFI relay? Should the Power on pin 12 and 25 turn off as soon as I turn off the ign? Fuel pump and etc is turning off.
2- I noticed the permanent battery 12 connection (Pin 80) is not working, can this be some way related to my issue? (Never turning off power)

Best regards for DSMers

Last edited by GBorklu; 05-12-2017 at 01:00 PM.
GBorklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement