DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Need TD05H Info PLZ

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  boostedz 
#1 ·
Hey, I just bought a TD05H in very good condition for 120$ today. This will be going on my Cav. I needed all the info I could get on it and I thought where would be the best place to get the info I needed. So why not ask the people that know what they're doing and deal with these turbos? So any help will be appreciated. I know that they don't have the A/R and Compression sizes and I would like to know what they are. And just how this turbo is overall. Thanks.

#2 ·
Well, I'm going to assume by the price that it's a 14B. or a shot out 16G.

If it's a 14b it's probably good for about 400CFM at 15psi depending on intinial air temp and intercooler size. Maybe more, but it not very effeciently.

if it's a 16G, probably not. it'll be around 450-550 at 15-18psi yada yada yada...

#6 ·
Thanks for the info guys...but it looks like I should have researched a little more before I bought it. This turbo won't fit in my car because of the way the turbo flange is facing. The turbo would have to sit facing up toward the firewall and because of that, I would have no room. So looks like I'm gonna end up selling this one and getting a T3. Again thanks for the help though.

#7 ·
I know a lot of crx guys put the 13g in there cars. it's good for about 300cfms at 10psi. I doubt you'll be running more than that on a non turbo block. oh, the 13g is a tdo4 out of a automatic DSM

#9 ·
After some more thinking :p....Is it possible to get a different (smaller) compressor housing for this turbo? It's the 14b TD05H....Would it be possible to get a T3 or T4 compressor housing to fit to this? Feel free to catch me on AOL to chat about this. My sign in is ucdevil15

Thanks for the help guys!

#10 ·
I tried you AIM but it said you weren't avaliable:confused: I'm seanclancy485 if you want to chat.

But anyway, i've seen some guys that have simply rotated the compressor housing on a turbo to get the outlet to face the direction that they want. The only thing they had to do was make a custom mount for the WG actuator but that isn't that difficult considerning what a turbo conversion takes to do anyway ;)

#11 · (Edited)
Clocking this turbo won't help me much at all...The flange on the compressor housing is facing the opposite way that I need it to for it to fit properly. I need the flange on the compressor to run like one on a T3 Super 60...so is it possible to switch compressor housings? What all would need to be done? Thanks.

I was probably offline at the time you tried to reach me. I'm at school right now. The usual times I'm available on AOL are 6:00pm-11:00pm EST.

#12 ·
boostedz said:
What all would need to be done?

You could buy a DSM.... :)

#14 ·
I love the thought of AWD Turbo....just the other night at Bristol Dragway I got smoked by a Talon TSi that ran an 11.17 @ 117 mph I believe it was. Very nice cars to build up. I would buy a DSM of some sort, but I love my Cav and don't plan on selling it anytime soon, or at least until I'm done with it. (which won't be for a long time since money is an issue :D )

Just let me know if it'll work though...switching the compressor housings that is. Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.