DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

max injectors on an AFCII

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  greenstreak 
#1 ·
what is the max injectors capable on the apexi AFC II with still good fine tuning, i was told 660's was max.. so they told me to get 550's im just making sure if this is true or what, thanks a lot everybody,

#7 ·
If you are going to upgrade past a 16g, then 550's will be worthless...You most likely won't max out 550's on a tuned 16g even at 20+psi, but it is getting close

I think 650's are better, but you could probably get 550's cheaper when new (i've seen $220)...

I met a DSMr in the chicago area who was running a 50trim w/ 780cc injectors off of a wideband/safc combo...So, it is possible to do..

If you do get bigger injectors, you can always get an EPROM and have it chipped to compensate for it, but by the time you do that you are in dsmlink pricing...

#11 ·
Rewiring is not pointless. 650s will get you farther if you decide to get a bigger turbo in the future, however you will discover the limits of piggyback tuning sooner.

Short answer: rewire the pump, get the 650s, get an AFPR to dial back the fuel pressure.

#13 ·
The pump flows a higher rate when it is getting a solid and consistent voltage. There is no arguing that fact. The fuel pump rewire will give you more flow.

Using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator makes a big difference on how large of injector you can run with a SAFC. The combo of a wideband, afpr, and AFC could handle 660s easily. Maybe even slightly larger before you run into headaches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.