DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Tired of being Passed

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ecoli 
#1 ·
This is my first manual tranny car and I had a question about getting more speed. For example I was on the freeway once and this a**hole in an integra came gunning past me beeping his horn, I tried to catch up but couldn't (keeping in mind I was in fourth when he passed). I know that there is nothing wrong with my car and I still should have been able to keep up so I'm assuming it was something I did. Any help would be appreciated. Oh before I foreget what's this "BOV Slalute" I'll always reading about?????????

BTW- I drive a 94' FWD. My mods include a stock exhuast(soon to be changed), testpipe, mbc set @ 16psi, Vortex muffler :(, removed aircan, K&N, and all the free mods (including a nice winshield wiper mod :)

#9 ·
Yea, you have to be in the right gear, especially if you ever get a big turbo. The AWD is geared lower than the FWD, so these numbers won't be the same for you. If I am going to race or take off from a roll I usually check my speed and choose the gear. 0-20mph 1st gear, 20-55mph 2nd gear, 55-85mph 3rd gear, anything higher 4th gear. If you are on the edge between gears, you can choose the higher gear and slip the clutch a little to spool it a be ready. The FWD gearing is a bit different though, for example, redline on an AWD in 3rd gear is about 90mph, while its a bit over 100mph on a FWD, I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.