DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

4G64 Turbo conversion!!

41K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Wee 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get this joint moving!!!

No NT Forum or sub-forum is complete if it doesn't have its Turbo Conversion threads. So here's the first turbo conversion thread for you, 4G64 Spyder owners.;)

Mad proops to Curt "Syper4G64T" for letting use this rich source of info directly from his site.

http://4g64.150m.com/turbo.html

For those of you going this route...
Please read everything carefully before startting the conversion and follow Curt's tuning tips letter by letter!!

#5 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I built a custom turbo kit for my 01 Eclipse RS (4g64). Check out this thread on club 3g, I have lots of pics of the setup and install and a list of all parts used complete with prices. If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to share what I know.

http://www.eclipseforums.org/fortopic61309.html

Blackboost said:
Mad proops to Curt "Syper4G64T" for letting use this rich source of info directly from his site. [/B]
That would be "Spyder4G64T". ;)

#19 ·
#6 ·
ok the turbo 4g64 is a pain in the testicals.. i own a 96 mitsu spyder and to convert to turbo you need a new PCU ECU wiring harness manifold and of cource the turbo.. and you can only run 8lbs on stock internals with any 4g64.. which is rather pointless to turbo that...but for the 3rg gen eclipse www.tearstone.com makes a turbo kit for the motor..

#7 ·
I'm currently in the process of turboing my 99 spyder gs and a local shop is going to dyno and tune it for me after it is complete. As of right now it is estimated that I am pushing 200+ to the wheels just with the DOHC swap, 272 cams, AEM fuel rail, 2.5" inch exhaust, and 450cc OEM injectors with the resistor pack. I think at 7lbs. I'll be happy. Afterall, who doesn't love stomping hondas with a "supposed" GS non-turbo! just another fun sleeper! :cool:

#10 ·
xxfrostxx01 said:
how come i havent seen anything about people doing the 4g63t/4g64 hybrid swap to a 94+ galant? i think that would be the altament sleeper :D
my buddy has a '96 galant S 5spd, and when i get my new turbo/manifold he is taking my old ones.

#13 ·
fastplant said:
Wait, for you guys running stock internals, what did you change exactly?
Change in terms of what? Personally, I have stock bottom end, stock head, stock intake manifold. Just threw a 2g turbo exhaust manifold on, and built up the turbo setup from there. I have it all documented on my website, as well as all my mods.

#14 ·
#18 ·
dusan33 said:
are these engines any good can they handle a turbo stock ?

i have 96gst spyder my friends is lookn to buy a 99gs spyder wants to turbo it
Did you bother to read any message in this thread before asking this question? :wall:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.