DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

ARP rod bolt torque specs

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CrackedDSM 
#1 ·
I don't care if I get bashed for this or not, really. I've been searching for the past hour, and the only threads I could find were either 7 bolt torque specs, or when I did find a 6 bolt thread, it would be filled with BS. One thread said 65 ft. lbs with moly lube? Doesn't that seem a little much?

So, I ask here. I have ARP rod studs on my 6 bolt rods, and I need to know the torque specs. Do not post up stretch specs, because I do not have a rod bolt stretch gauge, and I'm not building a race car here. So spare me some long rant about how I should do rod stretch instead.

#2 ·
Well, I looked up the specs on ARP's main website, and they say .0060 stretch(I knew this from Asmo), and 40 ft. lbs with their moly lube. I feel like a nub for not thinking about it before making this, but oh well! Maybe it'll help some other noob like me in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.