DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

I have a bullet hole in my car. Fixable? lol

6K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  HIDDEN_SUN_GST 
#1 ·
Dont Ask.

All I wanna know is ... how do you fix this?

See less See more
#4 ·
That really sucks... Your best bet would be to either cut out the hole and replace with metal or try to pound it out, bondo and repaint. Might try taking it to an autobody shop just for an estimate.

Edit: How much is your deductable on insurance if you have it? You could call the cops, say someone shot your car, then report it to the insurance and have them take care of it if your deductable is low enough, or atleast lower than an autobody estimate.

#9 ·
Should never have tried to race that lowrider man.

#10 ·
It says not to ask...But I just have to know...I didn't even know that guns were sold in Indiana :/

lol, any good body shop will be able to take care of that for you. If you were from here, I know a shop about 30 minutes North of me that would have done it better than anywhere...Fast and cheap.

-brandoN^-

#13 ·
easy fix, i fix these all the time being outside D.C., did you find the bullet, i keep the ones i find in cars, the rear trunk carpet in a Honda Accord can stop a .45, it shouldn't cost you more than 300$ in a body shop. watch your head!! Some guys cars i fix they get the color changed and new rims, may be a good idea!!

#14 ·
joebag said:
I think its a cool battle scar ! If you cruise though the hood you'll get respect !!! Who would mess with you ! LOL
Joe
I'd imagine the guy that would mess with him... would be the guy that tried to shoot him in the head in the first place.
;)

Look at where that hit.
That was an attempted head shot...
You might want to spring for bullet proof glass while you're there.

* to benztalon, the reason a .45 stops is because of its mass. a 9mm is 50-50 but won't hold a straight path it goes like this ----> [<
And a 40 goes straight thru and fuckin kills you.
The velocity and mass is perfectly balanced for killing someone in a car.*

Ok I didn't just say that.
;)

#23 ·
benztalontsi said:
i wont be passing thru your neighborhood Asmodeus, you sound to educated in street warfare. there is protection in a car unlike what is in movies. ive seen bullets stopped by a drivers seat headrest in a hyundai and window regulator in a vw
Thats pure luck. If you want to get serious...
Then we just pull out the .223
both doors both passengers and the guy across the street.

:D

High velocity rounds + FMJ ftw!
Head rest?
bah...

;)

I'm from PA... what do you expect?
We don't shoot sideways...
:D

#24 ·
A .22 spins out of control as soon as it hits anything of significant mass.

But to the point, if there's a bullet hole in your roof, that's usually a sign that you should pick up and move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.