DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

OE Infinity system questions

7K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  GSXSpot 
#1 ·
Okay.

I've got a question about the factory infinity sound system. These pertain to the Double DIN CD/Tape combination.

In 1995 they did not offer the CD/TAPE combo. They offered the CD/EQ combo with a Pioneer style 6-disc changer.

I want to upgrade to the 96-99 CD/TAPE combo with the 10 Disc changer.

The plugs for all DSM's are the same from 95-99

Headunit
Speakers
Large/Main antenna
High-fidelity antenna (smaller antenna wire (for gsx's/gst's (not spyders))
CD Changer plug
Amp plug

The plugs for the 10-disc changers are different.

6-disc 95
Different plug to the amp
Power plug has 2 wires

10-disc 96+
Different plug to the amp
Power plug has 3 wires

My question starts.

Are the OEM Infinity amps for the 95-99 dsms the same p/n MR158402 ?

Does anyone have the pinouts for the 3-wire 10-disc plug and the 2-wire 6-disc plug?

-------

I know that a lot of people have suggested to ditch the whole system but I'm trying to keep the car as stock looking as possible and have been relatively successful so far but I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer to these questions.

If this works out I will post a faq for this for people who want to upgrade 95's to 96+ 10-disc & CD/TAPE combos.

Thanks!

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
GSXSpot said:
96+ cd changer power plug has 3 wires

Red/Black - power (junction box)
Black - ground (ends at trunk latch)
Blue - power (junction box)
95 cd changer plug pinouts

Red - power
Black - ground

I don't have the factory manual but I can only guess that it would make sense that way and I didn't have a test light to confirm it. :)

Darn rain has prevented me from removing the seat to confirm the amp part numbers but I think that they will be the same. Now I just need to get the cd changer cable for a 96+ and I should be set.

Hmm.. Would you happen to have a picture of that 95 cd/tape double din? I have a couple double din 2g radios one that lights up green and the others light up white.

#6 ·
ippkiss said:
I am 100% sure there WAS a cd/tape combo offed in 95. My 95 had it. It was the non infinity setup.

Really, if you want to keep the stock "look" you should hack up a broken mitsu deck, and put it over your nice deck when your not in the car.

That's interesting .. maybe as a dealer install part or something.

I have the 95 sales brochure and it doesn't mention anything about a cd/tape double din combo with the 6-disc cd changer.

Every double/din cd/tape combo that I've put into the 95 have not worked with that 6-disc changer (I have 2 97's and a couple more spare radios).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.