Iac code but no funny idle - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact UsStore

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Revvo Logic
New DSMtalker

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi
Revvo Logic's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Iac code but no funny idle

So wassup everyone im new to this forum, i drive a 1995 talon tsi fwd. owned for about a week and some days and bought with 143,991 miles. Now has 144,942. On my way home today a CEL came on and i scanned it, got the code P0505. IAC code, now my car idle isnt acting funny and isnt lacking in acceleration at all. Mind you the car is all stock, but with one "free mod". I removed the restrictor out of the bcs yesterday. Could that be the cause? And i saw no cracks in any lines nor do i hear any vacuum noise under pedal to the metal acceleration. Help?
Revvo Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
CoxAbele
Hardcore DSMtalker

1998 Spyder
CoxAbele's Gallery
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Re: Iac code but no funny idle

Testing the ISC windings is pretty straight forward. It can be removed from the throttle body without removing additional intake parts, although you may need to pull the battery.

Remove the ISC, test it and replace if any of the tolerances are out. An ohm meter is a pretty common tool. If you find you need to replace it, I bought one from RockAuto not long ago for ~$60.