DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Finally Picked up my first DSM, let the pain begin.

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  90RSLaserNoob 
#1 ·
Been wanting a DSM since i sold my Sti back in 2010 and finally found the one i was looking for. After a lot of hard times, no job, and no income. I finally got my car and started building. Its 100% stock (other then the typical *free mods) and is a 90 Gsx with 91k miles when I purchased it. I've had it for 3~ weeks now and have loved every second.
Not sure of what all I want to do to it, but as most people on here/other websites of coarse I want more power. Looking in the low 300s if possible (colorado altitude sucks). Its going to be kept as my daily driver till then, so the work will be slow until I can find an old beater Honda to drive.
Its exactly what i've been looking for and don't regret the purchase one bit (at least for now haha)

Hope to see some of you around, these cars are almost impossible to see on the street where I live, so its a pretty big deal when you see 1-2 of them together.

See less See more
#10 ·
Omg, I got a counterweight shifter in my car, feels like someone took a torch to it when it's hot outside.

Something about 1gs interior that I just love. IMO needs a aftermarket steering wheel. I can't stand those big ass oem ones.
On that note, keep us posted with any future plans/builds.
Is that blue the original color?

#13 ·
I already replaced the shift nob because well, yes, it got wayy too hot one day and i just got sick of it!

Yeah, i need to get a new steering wheel, that big one is frustrating me pretty bad.

I payed 2500 for it, I thought overall it was a pretty decent deal. AWD seem to be a bit more pricey here in Colorado because all the snow we get.

Thanks for all the intrest! :D as I posted before, i'm really loving the car and kind of upset it took me so long to find one I really liked!

I've been researching mods I want, don't have a specific list right now, but i'll keep everyone updated when I do. gotta start a "build journal" once I eventually start building it! xD

#21 ·
I'm not trying to sound like I know alot about DSM's cause I honestly know nothing except 1 thing. A friend of mine who had a 95 Eclipse had similar Pedals, and the bolts that held them in place kept getting stuck in the carpet. Might be a good Idea just to go without pedals til you can get rubbers or new pedal setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.