DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Alignment problems

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DSM Rook 
#1 ·
So I got some new tires and then went to get my car aligned. The tech told me that he couldn't fix the alignment all the way. He said that the only thing that was adjustable was the toe and that the rear toe was at the end of its adjustment. I assume there are parts that I need to buy to rectify this, but I don’t know what, and would like to spend as little money as possible. I would like to have full adjustment if possible, and of course be able to get the toe to adjust to zero. Please help.

#4 ·
Prob your rear subframe shifted over. I have the same problem with my 2g. I need to get the rear end centered.

#7 ·
A 1g talon has Rear toe and camber adjustment. The front is toe "only" Camber can be slightly moved or can be adjusted by adding an eccentric cam into one of the strut bolts. You have to start with the rear of the vehicle first.
My father's car is on stock springs and KYB GR2's. All of the suspension bushings have been replaced with poly bushings. Car is perfectly aligned and drives great for a daily driver.

#9 ·
The subframe is probably not the issue. Camber will affect toe. If its all totally maxed you either have worn bushings or a bent component. With out seeing a sheet to see where you are at, its going to be hard to tell you. You can call around, or check online to see places who will take the time to look it over, try to adjust, tell you whats wrong and go from there.
Price? My dealership is $125 an hour, but they have a special lower rate for alignments. If I'm just putting the car up, its an hour. If adjustments are needed, its 2. (Personally if the car needs something simple like toe, I'll only tell the customer its 1 hour, some cars where I'm adjusting front/rear toe and camber along with moving a subframe, they pay 2) So call around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.