DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Eagle talon won't start!

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Gray91GSX 
#1 ·
Ok I can't figure out why my engine won't start in my 96 tsi. It will crank but not start. I have spark, fuel in and out, timing, and compression. The engine almost has to start. But it will not. It just cranks like it's having trouble. My buddy checked the injectors and they were good. But I think the engines getting flooded because I pulled out a plug after turning it a few times and it was pretty wet in gas. If my crank sensor was bad I wouldn't have spark right? Or could it be my fuel temp sensor? I'm kinda stumped. Also I should note I swapped the engine and it's a 7 bolt 2gb if this helps

#6 ·
He has fuel, why would he use starter fluid? Half of your post seem to be random nonsense. Do you read the previous posts? Oh, and check rule #7 again, over and over...

#7 ·
Check your resistor pack to see if its in spec, mine would flood out of my engine, I had spark and fuel, but it would not fire, and when I pulled the plugs they would be covered with gas. Its worth a check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.