DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

firewall/cowl - What to do?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  9.0Buck60 
#1 ·
I am upgrading my ignition setup and because of this I was able to ditch the GM/DIS style MSD coils mounted directly atop the DSM label. Problem is now it looks like this...

Not sure what I want to do with it right now. Eventually over the winter I'm pulling the motor back out to tuck all the wiring, fill all the empty provisions (I wasn't gonna say "fill all the holes" you sickos) and paint the engine bay and the body. But I've got to do something in the meantime. I think I might mount my oil accumulator there for now. But honestly I'm not sure. What if I was to wrap that whole section for now? You guys think it will show the indents from the holes or does that stuff compensate for little inconsistencies in the surface beneath it? I've honestly only used the stuff once or twice on a perfectly smooth surface. This is obviously much different.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.