DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Have a 95 talon tsi that has flaky electrical problem.. HELP!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  hostilestealth 
#1 ·
I am having a flaky electrical nightmare in my 95 talon tsi. The symptoms are as follows:
No power windows,
no power locks,
horn does not work,
radio doesn't work(think it's a bad amp don't care that much),
Blower doesn't work,
interior lights don't work,
Instrument panel DOES work,
wipers work,
headlights don't work,
basically I hit a bump just right and voila everything works for about 10 mins, then back to half the sh*$ does half doesn't. I also have the battery light popping on and off & the car is running very choppy. I have checked every fuseable link & everything is fine. Any idea what could cause this on again off again condition? What has caused the battery light for you guys? Battery? alternator? Would that cause this type of problem? Any help is great & I'm new to talon ownership... please help!

Adam

#2 ·
sounds like you have a something grounding out somewhere..... did you check your negative connection on your battery? sounds simple but I would start there.... also, do you ever have a prob starting your car? like you turn the key and you get *click* and everything goes dead.. then you try messin around with stuff in the engine bay and voila it works fine...?? the reason I ask is because I was having this prob w/ my 90gs and it turned out I was just getting a poor connection @ the battery... if your battery is fine... I would start tracing wires to the fusebox in the engine bay and in the interior fuse box...depending on where you live Autozone is doing free alternator-battery testing.. i would go there for the hell of it and have them test to make sure you're not getting a bad connection @ your alternator (hell it's free right?)

for now... im all outta ideas (gimme a break it's 12am)
good luck (once again I hate elec probs :p they can go 2 hell)
-Aaron

#3 ·
Check all you grounds. Make sure they are all conected right.

#4 ·
Good luck with that one, my friend. Intermittant problems like that are an absolute bitch to figure out. I would start by checking the main ignition harness that goes up to your key. Check the accesory wire for power with the key on. The color is blue/black for your car.
Does your alt show higher that 13.2 volts with the car running?
I also agree to check for battery terminal tightness. As I said, Good luck!

#5 ·
Check your relays two or three could ahve gone bad at one time.

My interior lights and rear running lgihts wouldnt work sometimes I could luanch and make them come back.

Well one day when it wasnt working I stoped the car and changed the realy and it was back to normal.

If you read the circuit diagrams you can find which ones are on the same "trunk" One section happenes to have a lot of stuff.

If you have a dsm manual cd it has all the info.

If not run a search for dsm manual cd and look for the samples. Under radio it will have a shit ton of diagrams for electrical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.