DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Slave cylinder replacement questions

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Canadian 
#1 ·
I'm curious how long/difficult/messy it is to replace the clutch slave cylinder on a 91 awd talon tsi? There is a good deal on a talon near me and I'm curious if this is something I can get away with doing in a parking lot? Yeah, I know it's not the ideal situation but it cant be driven as is and I dont really want to add $200 just to get it back to my house or shop. I've done my fair share of parking lot repairs in the past, the most notable would be dropping the gas tank in my mustang to replace my fuel pump. I dont have the fsm or a haynes for it but if someone can link me some help of just give me a quick overview that would help a lot. Thanks

#3 ·
I've done mine in the snow twice. I had it down to pulling and replacing in around 15 complete. I started pulling them from the salvage yards becuase it was cheaper and faster. Hardest part was finding someone to help bleed it.

Make sure you undo the pressure line before unbolting from trans body!

#4 ·
I don't remember for a 1g but remove the accumulator if it has one and grab the short ss line. Also you can bleed it yourself: keep tube on nipple submerged in brake fluid while you pump the clutch. When done tighten nipple then remove tube, it will only suck in fluid not air

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.