DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Need some help guys!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BISHILVR 
#1 ·
So I sent the cobalt out to get rebuilt and the place installed the new engine. The guy put like 300 miles on it and then hit the dyno for a new tune. While tuning he said the car wasn't making the power he thought it should. He did two pulls no problems. On the last pull the car lost like 25hp from the previous pull and then shut off... He said there was no squealing or anything it just shut off. Then it wouldn't start. I shut down while it was idling right after the pull. He said the starter is engaged so he doesn't think its an electrical problem. He said he thinks its the clutch or flywheel broke. I think it sounds more like a bad ground or something. When he turns over the car now it just clicks. He said worst case scenario the engine seized for some reason. He said if it was an electrical problem though he would be able to push it while it was in gear?:confused: Car its self has 30K miles and the engine/clutch/flywheel were all new. I asked if he could turn the engine over by hand in neutral but he said he didn't try that yet and he wasn't at the shop. You guys have any ideas?

#2 ·
Before you get too involved in engine problems, is the battery good and charged? Alternator and wiring all fine? I hope this stuff has been covered, but its better to rule out the easy things first.

#3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I'm not sure. The car sat for 5 months at their shop. I talked to bishlivr on here and he gave me some suggestions. That would be nice if the supercharger locked up or something with the alternator or starter. The whole thing is gay and really making me mad. The guy told me the car shut off right after a pull and then made 1 clank noise after it shut down. He said when he tries to turn it over it drops to 6volts so he thinks something is preventing the engine from turning over. Keep in mind the car was dropped off December 16th. :mad:

#4 ·
Unfortunately I'm not sure. The car sat for 5 months at their shop. I talked to bishlivr on here and he gave me some suggestions. That would be nice if the supercharger locked up or something with the alternator or starter. The whole thing is gay and really making me mad. The guy told me the car shut off right after a pull and then made 1 clank noise after it shut down. He said when he tries to turn it over it drops to 6volts so he thinks something is preventing the engine from turning over.
Ahh shit if a mod sees this could they delete it I hit quote on accident instead of edit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.