DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Swade's Unicorn

84K views 375 replies 75 participants last post by  swade 
#1 ·
on a local board a member advertised a free gsx with a 4 bolt rear end, so i went and go it yesterday. I dont know if it will be a project or a parts car yet but here some pics

thats it for now, im going to clean it out later this week and see what all its gonna need and what all i have...

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: my free gsx shell

very nice for a free shell..that could be a great project..good way to start off..FREE! :D

#3 ·

good steal swade. You never know when you may need extra parts or a new project to start on

#10 ·

Looks like a good shell, everything looks straight and sold, now you're just gonna have to find a good motor and drivetrain for it.

#13 ·

I'm not sure if the car had the trans in it anyways? Certainly doesn't look like it, the only reason you can't tow an AWD like that is because it will tear up the Viscous coupler, if the trans isn't in it then there is obviously no fear of that, or as 2G6 said just unhook the driveshaft.

#17 ·

I'd definitely use that as a shell to build up, rather then parts. I dont see much rust on that car anywhere. Thats pretty rare with these cars. Usually you rip the rocker moldings off and find rotted out quarter panels, but that car looks damn clean. As long as it has a dash, and none of the wiring harnesses are ripped out, etc I'd build that sucker right up. Very solid looking shell.

#19 ·

yea the dash is there, but its tan:mad: but im not going to complain... and the only rust i have seen so far is on that front fender which is easily replacable. and there is some minor surface rust where the backseat used to be b/c of that broken window.

just an update, i went and picked up a motor last night for 200 from a local dsmer buddy of mine. Its a 90 6 bolt, with oil cooler, 2g ported ex mani, 1g intake mani, and other odds and ins

swade

#21 ·

The dude told me it was a 91, but it really doesnt matter to me. Iim trying to get the title now. It was lost and the car changed hands like 4 times without the title, so im trying to track it down or find a loop hole somewhere.

ill post pics of the engine and stuff later

swade

#23 ·

swade said:
on a local board a member advertised a free gsx with a 4 bolt rear end, so i went and go it yesterday. I dont know if it will be a project or a parts car yet but here some pics

thats it for now, im going to clean it out later this week and see what all its gonna need and what all i have...
just an update

here are some pics of the parts for the build

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.