DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Valve cover pics

69K views 300 replies 111 participants last post by  SLEEPS 
#1 ·
Brendan's green gsx (don't mind them being dirty)

And mine (damn looks good w/ just silver and black) :)

See less See more
#178 ·
Bringing this up again. What is the best way to clear a flat black VC? I am planning on doing my VC in flat black, using 1200* automotive paint with 1200* primer. I am planning on doing like 2-3 coats of primer, and then 3-4 light coats of flat black. What would be the best way to protect it? Do they make a "flat" clear coat that you can buy in rattle can form?

#179 ·
I made this custom valve cover for a friend :D
Color is candy purple over reflective chrome (base).
The "16 Valve" along with the lines were shaved off, and replaced with "CrankWalker".
It took me a while to get done.......but it was worth the wait.
What do you guys think????

#182 ·
MyBoostedGST said:
Bringing this up again. What is the best way to clear a flat black VC? I am planning on doing my VC in flat black, using 1200* automotive paint with 1200* primer. I am planning on doing like 2-3 coats of primer, and then 3-4 light coats of flat black. What would be the best way to protect it? Do they make a "flat" clear coat that you can buy in rattle can form?

Yes they do, even high heat flat clear.

#185 ·
I am currently shaving/polishing my VC and welding on 2 10-an fittings, Could someone who has done this before please post some pics on where you welded the fittings and how the baffle plate was reinstalled.

Did you put the baffle plate back in?, if so, how did you get the new AN fittings to breath above the baffle?

If the baffle plate was put back in, did you reseal it with some sort of a gasket?

#186 ·
95RedRS said:

It's GSx_LEx's Old One!! :)

Looks Great! Put it to good use!

#191 ·

#194 ·
b00stedtalon2 said:
Who makes that strut tower bar? I like it.
It's a DC Sports strut tower bar. I don't know if they still make it, but it's solid as hell. I was able to suspend my engine off the center of it when doing a tranny swap.

#201 ·
liquidnote said:
Heres a couple of my v/c

Where can I get one with the Mitsubishi on it? All the ones I find are the 16VALVE DOHC 2000 type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.