DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1g front lip!

55K views 130 replies 35 participants last post by  scotthidley 
#1 ·
This is not one of those threads that will go 20 pages and fade into nothing.

I have talked to my body guy and he said he would do one for me and could mold it. It can basically be anything I design and he said he do it. He made one for his s2000 and has had a lot of feedback about it and has started the process to get it molded. He is emailing me pictures tonight/tomorrow of the process so you can get a good look.

Im opening this up the 1g guys. What design do we want? I LOVE the RMDSM 2g lip design. (see below)

Also this will be for the 90 Talon bumper

Post pictures or photoshops or whatever you want and he and I will come up with a good design that will mold easy. It can even go as fast as being a half lip, thats what his s2k lip is.

Here are a few pictures of this car which he did all the work on

Here is another one he did all the body work on and shows the stock front of the s2k for those who don't know what it looks like.

This is not a sign up or testing waters. This is a design ONLY thread. Those will come later.

swade

See less See more
#119 ·
Its still at his shop. Talked to him the other day, didnt say much other than asking about making some wide fenders for me and bugging me about getting my car running lol

swade

#120 ·
I'm wondering if I should start copying what I've got on my car and make a small run. I'm thinking of creating a new version for myself that is solid all the way up to the front cross member, and possibly even sealing off the bottom of the engine bay (then I'd have to seal off the wheel wells in some way since I got rid of the factory plastic pieces long ago.

#123 ·
I've been debating a belly plan for a very long time. The one thing I had in mind, if doing so, was to have them separated along the front cross member. An actual racing Focus I got to look at years ago was single piece all the way to the firewall if I recall now. I'm also not big on the idea of having to remove such a big piece to change the oil.

I've tried contacting the original guy I got the lip from to see if he's interested in supporting or if he's done with them. I remember he produced lips for 1ga's and 2g's as well. I don't remember if the 1ga was the same design or different from mine.

#124 ·
I'm in the middle of doing my exhaust guard on my bumper over and I'm also doing an aluminum lip that is going to tie in to the exhaust guard and go back past the engine bay. I might either put a trap door or just leave the bottom of the pan's drain exposed. I'll know once I get it up on the lift at my friend's house. It's really difficult doing this kind of work without a lift. But just thought I'd chime in. I've been looking for ideas and I think I finally decided how I want it to be setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.