DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

A not-so-quick walk through this new members yard

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  fyredaug 
#1 ·
Well I decided to join up after a few years of lurking, and I snapped a couple cold pics to maybe show off a little what I have been up to.. Probably lots of pics coming, I have the morning off so I'll throw some commentary in... enjoy!!

on the left is my 96 tsi, you will see a few more pics of at the end, the red pulsar has a 320whp on an entirely stock ca18det swap running alcohol, safc and 18psi with a fmic

forget what year this one is, shes an n/a auto fwd, just rotting around here for parts

91 tsi 5spd on a evo16 turbo/housing, pretty much stock everything

the half painted suzuki swift is running a 1 liter 3cylinder with d16 7:1 pistons, swift gt rods, balanced crank, massive cam, 14g, alcohol, headwork, tubular manifold, 28psi, 600ish injectors, big fmic...
old dyno video with pre-turbo exhaust leak on 19psi, weak timing making 130whp running a megasquirt ecu

and that gt has a mach1 motor on 150shot running stock everything pretty much

100% stock 93? (I think) tsi 5spd

snow... it sucks. couple decent jeeps and a subaru 4wd wagon burried there somewhere

fwd turbo, stock, boost controller

93 gtst, simple bolt ons

my 96 tsi again, lots of bolt ons, big16g, stock ish

probably my favorite car, 91 colt, 1g awd swap, evo16, 1050's, 264's, aem ems, 21psi, progressive alky etc etc. 11.2@118 and a consistent 0-60 @ 3.3
the blue one is the nicer body im gonna build the next one in, black one is getting abused and twisted up. too much to list, running 205/40/16 studded winters, I DD this

the ca18det pulsar

pic from the crazy 3cylinder head

the swift

lol bored one day

96 geo with an 02 sentra ser spec v motor/6spd with lsd

now im sure im overlooking some pics of some builds and what not, but this post took a surprisingly long time. so I hope you enjoy, I will probably post build logs of new stuff I do related to dsms, but for the most part wrenching takes alot of time from my hands

-Dallas

See less See more
1 38
#8 · (Edited)
The colt is a beast in the snow. That vlsd rear and studs makes for a monster. Makes winter worth living. I beat the living shit out of it even in -40. The heavy shockproof makes the drivetrain take a good fifteen mins to warm up but it bites hard. From a dig in poor traction conditions im still breaking 60 in under 7 seconds. It's got Evo first and fifth and forks. Motor is getting tired though and the body is literally not straight anymore. A solid summer of abuse and my Exterior panels don't line up anymore, doors seem crooked, still drives wicked straight though haha. I'll build another this summer probably. I'm addicted to dsms, and they are addicted to my left pocket :)

Then I jump in an n/a fwd cavalier or something when it's down and I'm back to hating winter again :(

Edit: I did forget a few. Only important one is my Fc rx7 waiting for a piston engine. There is a 2jz sans turbos collecting dust...

#10 ·
Wow, thats awesome. Looks like you have a ton of fun projects. Id love to own that many toys....but then again I would never be able to finish anything haha. Seems like you have alot of time to work on all of them though. I look forward to more pics and videos! Keep em coming! Id also love to see some pics of your Fc RX7!

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
ill sell ***CONTENT REMOVED*** Please do not sell things outside the classifieds. Thanks - HOT

two separate incidents lol, dont let people play with your toys

we sell lots of shit like this, with provincial safeties

the juiced mach1 motor for that mustang

another sale example. its not all just turbos, toys and headaches

we do a bit of customizing to rarer cars too

example again

built a d16 si civic for a guy, 11:1, big cam, hondata, actually sounds pretty good

#20 ·

this was a 95 neon with a carputer system, I lost the other pics of the fiberglassing, but that center piece looked nearly oem

testing before install

all hidden

04 sunfire this was... cant find the completed pics, photobucket cuts off there... hmm

I still have this thing, needs a clutch. its a savage 25 with an ss motor swap with intake and exhaust.... lol

made the piece for the neon removable... and I dropped it one day :(

neon piece

lol back in the ricer days

#23 ·
colt was 11.2@118 and kicked off the track
never ran the swift or pulsar. pulsar was a shade faster than swift and rolled with low 13 honda's. so mid 13 at best would be the swift

colt weighs 2210 as it sits awd, and the swift was under 1800. I swapped out the 4.10 gearset in the swift for 3.52 on a 3cylinder. lol, first at 8500rpm was 65kmh, just a shade faster than my first gear in colt (evo3 first and fifth gears) and it would get phenomenal gas mileage in fifth on the highway, like 2200rpm at 110kmh. boosting to maintain speed lol. nearly 180whp (28psi 1 liter) and still 45mpg if you drove it nice. the colt on 21psi gets maybe 12mpg. I can only drive that one way... but my tranny busted... like in half, where the bellhousing meets the motor. Ill take some pics later, im gonna ghetto it back together with an exo skeleton for the time being. My reverse is all haggard too, hardly usable, keeps popping out, only getting worse. jacks transmission is gonna hook me up there. new housing, new reverse hardware... hope I can keep evo5th

the duct tape was done on too many beers and some ricer videos. I had the bright idea that "these cars look like shit, I can make a better body kit out of duct tape" and so I did. wasted out of my mind lol. it was an inch off the ground and useless... so we never formed it or anything, just ripped it off and rocked a bumper cut out. I actually sold it to a buddy of mine and we are thinking of doing a 1.6 bottom end with a 1.3 gti head and a 32r, but we will see. right now the motor is ripped out of it sitting in the shop. have a full 1.6 to mess with (rare as hell, only in 91-93(I think?) swift gt sedans... never ever seen one before or after the purchase of my 1.6 parts car, so I hold onto those parts like a mofo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.