DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2.0 non turbo to 2.4 non turbo swaps out there?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SLEEPS 
#1 ·
Ok , short and sweet! I have a 2.0 non turbo 4g63 in a 91' car that I run at a local track and lets just say there is one or two GM products that hand me my ass !!! Best I can pull is 3rd NOW, Is there a 2.4L out there that is or close to a direct bolt in? I seen some newer dodge / Chrysler / Mitsubishi cars that are stock with the 2.4L engine's but the tranny / intake / exhaust are all out of whack or backwards from the 91'.

So is there a dual overhead 2.4 that is a direct bolt in? Or is there or has anyone attempted to stab a 2.4 engine out of another make / model in the hole of the 1st gens?

Thanks in advance for any info.

#2 ·
Search g4cs, it is a 6 bolt 2.4l block that looks identical to the stock engine unless you knew exactly what you were looking for. Most of them came with a SOHC but the DOHC head from a '63 car fits on with minimal modification.

The 2.4l 4g64 engines in the newer cars are reversed similar to the evo cars but early cars were in the same direction as 1g cars.

#4 ·
There is a 2.4 wideblock for the mitsu trucks yes, however Sean was referring to the hyundia version hence the g4cs. Google it, there are a few sites that have alot of info on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.