DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Photoshopped? or possible? Beautiful

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dsmken 
#1 ·
Since i go my 2nd gen dsm i have been surfing pics of other cars on google. Seeing what creativity was out there from others and to what appealed to me the best. I am leaning towards a widebody kit for my car but not liking whats on the market. I have played with fiberglass from time to time and feel comfortable trying something but how crazy do i want to go? Do i buy something close to what i like and reshape as needed? or do i go full scratch? My skills would lean more towards starting with something rather then nothing lol. I have a good friend who is skilled in the art but how far is he willing to go as a friend. Whats gonna cost more in the end if labour becomes a factor to a certain point, you can only ask so much of someone. So to get to the point of the main title of this thread, i found a body kit that is, to me, truly amazing. However is this one in particular photoshopped? I have not had any luck finding this one on the market so i am assuming it's a one off or photoshopped.

Obviously i wouldn't be running this kind of camber on the streets but i love the look of the wide body (not as wide but close) and front end.

See less See more
#3 ·
But it is possible. Well to get the look sort of lol. My friend who has the skills necessary said he would love to help. Tentative plans are for next winter and he is familiar with the dsm platform body wise. Plans are also in the works to make good molds for anyone interested. In a copy. Only time will tell.

#4 ·
I wouldnt be getting too crazy with body kits and such, and thats coming from someone with a body kit. If you fundamentally change the look of the car, then whats the point in starting with an Eclipse? that car in the picture looks nothing like an Eclipse, its more like a Cavalier or Sunfire. There is a guy that races a Dsm that had a replica wide body kit of his car for sale for anyone that wanted the setup, but it was carbon fiber and it was thousands of dollars for the setup, you might find some of his stuff if you look around on facebook or just google in general.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.