DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

what to use to cap off BCS and the unused outlets??

909 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GSXtsy 
#1 ·
I am installing a MBC soon and wanted to know what you guys use to cap off the BCS and the outlets that are unused when you install the MBC. Thanks

#2 ·
You don't need to cap off the BCS but the nipples on the air can and the J-pipe of the turbo the BCS was connected to. Use rubber plugs available at most parts stores. Some MBC kits even comes with them.

#3 ·
You can find them at most any auto parts store. Rubber nipples work, I have many on my car. Diferent sizes are available for big or small outlets. You really don't have to cap off the BCS, some people just remove it. Make sure you don't throw a code if you do remove it, just leave it hooked up and tie it up somewhere out of the way. Go to Autozone or Advance auto (or what have you) you should have no problem finding them. Buy two boxes - you are gonna need them.

#4 ·
thanks for the input guys I will hit up the auto parts store there is quite a few to choose from around here. I gotta find a 1/4" femal npt fitting with a 3/16" barb, I got the male fitting but I am having trouble finding the female so I can complete the MBC I am building.

#5 ·
Like the other guys said, you don't have to plug the BCS. But, if you have a 2-3" piece of vaccum hose you could just route the 2 nipples together (one end on each nipple). JUst to keep dirt out if you ever wanted to go back to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.