DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Auto to manual wiring harness switch

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  evrchanging-ecl 
#1 ·
My automatic trany died in my '97 Eclipse GS so I had a manual put in. All the hardware was there and I could drive just fine. The wiring harness had not been switched out though. So I had no speedometer or odometer. I dealt with it for a while then I found a perfectly good manual wiring harness in a junk yard. Pulled it out and put it in my car,all ports connected no loose wires and all grounds in place. I go to start it and it turns over (starter is working) but it won't start. It seems as if it could be the coil pack is not firing. Any ideas as to why this would happen or what would cause this? Does anyone know an additional step to switching out harnesses to which I am unaware?

Thanks for all your help.

#5 ·
Pin 76 on A-107 connector (Labeled as Black w/ Yellow) for the ecu for auto expects to be grounded whenever the car is in park or neutral, I don't know if that is for sure your issue and if you can leave it grounded all the time without causing a problem or not but just what I noticed. All the other circuits only show differences in cranking, if the car cranks this is the only thing I think it could be unless you missed reinstalling something when putting the new harness in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.