Quick BLUE LED Dash Lighting Question... - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Electronics Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:02 AM   #1
DSM Vice
Super DSMtalker

95 GSX
DSM Vice's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Quick BLUE LED Dash Lighting Question...

Ok, I've been wanting to match my orange HVAC and cruise lights to the other blue lights in my car by swapping over to Blue LED's...I've read all the posts, I read the vfaq and how-to's...only thing I am having trouble deciding on is the ACTUAL LED's. As I was reading through the posts, most complained about the Radio Shack ones as being too dim or directional. The ones listed here in this link from LEDtronics...

aren't available anymore unless you buy like $200 or something (I contacted them).

The best I could find was these on eBay. They don't have nearly the viewing angle of the LEDtronics ones, (30Deg vs. 130Deg.), but they're the widest I could find, and I'm hoping the brightness will make up for it. Also, I think that shaving the tops would help as well. Think these will work? Thanks for the help!

Spun bearing 3/12/05 - been sitting in driveway since.
DSM Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
Splattj
Super DSMtalker

'93 Eclipse GSX
Splattj's Gallery
I know these guys can come up with what you need. They sold me blue LEDs for my Autometer gauges that had a diffuser lense and a built in resistor for the 12v.
http://www.blazinleds.com
Email them as their site isn't done. (It just came up last week)
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #3
talontsiawd
Elite DSMtalker

2002 Honda Accord
talontsiawd's Gallery
You only need a wide angle led for the HVAC controls. For everything else a regular led will work fine. I just used radioshack led's which i wouldn't recomend solely because you can get 100-200 led's on ebay for the same price you pay for all the led's you need. You can file the top of the led off to widen the light pattern. You can also use multiple led's for HVAC which would be best because even the wide angle led's are alittle dim.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
DSM Vice
Super DSMtalker

95 GSX
DSM Vice's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by talontsiawd
You only need a wide angle led for the HVAC controls. For everything else a regular led will work fine. I just used radioshack led's which i wouldn't recomend solely because you can get 100-200 led's on ebay for the same price you pay for all the led's you need. You can file the top of the led off to widen the light pattern. You can also use multiple led's for HVAC which would be best because even the wide angle led's are alittle dim.
Sounds good, I think I'm going to pick those LEDs up. There's 20 of them so I can convert some to wide angle by shaving the tops and then use the rest as they are. Thanks for the help!

Spun bearing 3/12/05 - been sitting in driveway since.
DSM Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement