6 bolt head - need help - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-27-2003, 12:03 AM   #1
my97mitsGSX

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
my97mitsGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6 bolt head - need help

I'm about to order my new valves, valve springs, retainers, locks, and valve seats along with the hks cams and cam gears.. my question is, when i was taking the stock valves out, i accidentally dented one of the little metal peices that stick out - its hard to explain without a picture so i'll do my best..

when you take the cam shafts out, they are held in by these U-brackets w/ two bolts, when you take the two bolts off, the u-bracket, and the cam, your left with the rest of the U that support the cam shaft - the U has two metal circles that are hollow for the screws to go through... well i dented about 3 of them and now i can't get the U's back on... I hope someone understands what i'm talking about.. is there a way to replace them or is the block messed up for good?

Also, should i go with a stock valve bore, .5 over or 1.0 over? and 3 or 5 angle valve job?

Thanks...
my97mitsGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2003, 07:46 AM   #2
Taboo
Elite DSMtalker

Black Widow
Taboo's Gallery
Feedback Score: -2 reviews
Order the new bushings from your local Mitsu dealer or Conicelli and have the machine shop replace them. The part number is MD132806. Go with standard size valves and 3-angle valve seat cut. There's no point to going with bigger valves or 5-angle valve job unless you have the head ported and polished at the same time.
91 Eclipse GSX

Scire tuum nihil est, nisi te scire hoc sciat alter.

Make a difference ---> DSMABC.com
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #3
my97mitsGSX

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
my97mitsGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i'm going to bring the shop the intake/exhaust manifold, and head - have everything ported and polished - get my head cleaned out (hot tanked) - so i was wondering if a 3 angle would be enough or should i go to 5 - and if i should go stock size bore or go bigger
my97mitsGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement