How much power with these mods? - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Sammy
New DSMtalker

2005 Dodge SRT-4
Sammy's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much power with these mods?

I plan on adding a few additional mods after doing my 60k mile service.

From a bone stock 95 Eagle Talon TSI automatic, I'll be going BPU (intake, downpipe and catback [most likely Apexi], boost controller), and EVO 16G.

How much boost can I expect to run on stock injectors on 93 octane? How much power can I expect to make?

The EVO 16g is an option I'd like to get now so I can grow into it in the future. I know with just BPU I won't be able to take full advantage of it.

I'm looking to ultimately run high 12's in full street form on pump gas.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Turbo'dTalon1G

1993 Talon TSI FWD
Turbo'dTalon1G's Gallery
To be honest, u really don't have enough supporting mods to get an evo 16g. You will need a 1g bov, or something else. Atleast a fuel pump rewire, if not a 190 or bigger. With stock injectors, u might be able to run around 13-14psi. It's different on every car, but seems how u didnt say that u had a logger, or boost gauge, or egt, it's kinda risky. Automatics are usually alot harder to get into 12's with.
Turbo'dTalon1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
DR.Spock
Ultra DSMtalker

95 6-bolt Talon AWD
DR.Spock's Gallery
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
the 2g BOV will leak at like 12 psi
Old 04-29-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
Sammy
New DSMtalker

2005 Dodge SRT-4
Sammy's Gallery
I didnt include the obvious necessities (boost guage, logger, bov), I will have them except for an EGT guage.

Automatics aren't that much slower. Brake boost off the line, computer shifts at redline at WOT.

I expected to run 15-16 psi on stock injectors with pump. A bone stock VR-4 can handle up to 15psi with just 360cc injectors on pump gas, I expected a Talon with 450cc's should max out a little bit more on pump.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #5
DR.Spock
Ultra DSMtalker

95 6-bolt Talon AWD
DR.Spock's Gallery
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i think your still gonna need something to monitor what your motor is doin, like an EGT gauge or a datalogger
Old 04-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #6
Turbo'dTalon1G

1993 Talon TSI FWD
Turbo'dTalon1G's Gallery
Handle 15 on stock turbo.........15psi on a 13g isnt the same as 15psi on an evo 16g. That's soo much of a change in cfm there. Probably more than a hundred cfm. Therefore it requires more fuel. I don't understand why u asked this question. People are just gonna flame u for asking a "how much boost can i run" question. If u have a logger, than look at that for timing and fuel trims, not to mention injector flow. That will tell u exactly how much boost u can run without maxing out ur injectors.
Turbo'dTalon1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:00 AM   #7
DJAuggie
New DSMtalker

1996 3000GT VR-4
DJAuggie's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammy
I didnt include the obvious necessities (boost guage, logger, bov), I will have them except for an EGT guage.

Automatics aren't that much slower. Brake boost off the line, computer shifts at redline at WOT.

I expected to run 15-16 psi on stock injectors with pump. A bone stock VR-4 can handle up to 15psi with just 360cc injectors on pump gas, I expected a Talon with 450cc's should max out a little bit more on pump.
They both have different turbos and the difference is much more than just the compressor wheel. Also, if you didn't know, the stock TD04-9bs drop off to 10-11PSI from 5K to redline regardless of boost pressure in the lower RPMS.
DJAuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement