very confused, 2g with 6bolt - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
EcLiPsEgSx012
DSMtalker

Talon TSI/AWD/1995
EcLiPsEgSx012's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
very confused, 2g with 6bolt

Hey guys/girls

I will be getting rid of my 7bolt and installing my 6bolt. I was very confused because i wasnt sure which part to look for since i will have 6bolt motor. So do i look for 1g part or 2g parts??

I just been looking for a turbo for my 6bolt block and i just had no idea. Just to let you know i was looking at EVO III turbo but do i need to buy 2g install part??

Sorry for very newb question but i had to know before i do buy it.
EcLiPsEgSx012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
TS1AWD
Super DSMtalker

1991 Talon TSi AWD
TS1AWD's Gallery
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Re: very confused, 2g with 6bolt

If you are buying a full complete 6-bolt long block with the 14b and all the lines and everything on it than you will not need an install kit for an EVO III.
92 RS FWD - RIP
TS1AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
greenstreak
Honorary Administrator
I don't have a life DSMtalker

1996 Talon Tsi AWD
greenstreak's Gallery
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

For external things like a turbo there really are very few differences that will make a difference on installs. For a turbo you would need the same stuff (crush washers, gaskets, etc) for either. You could use the stock J pipe but it sucks so you might as well get a nice one. You would want to use a 2G exhaust mani as well either way.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
EcLiPsEgSx012
DSMtalker

Talon TSI/AWD/1995
EcLiPsEgSx012's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1AWD
If you are buying a full complete 6-bolt long block with the 14b and all the lines and everything on it than you will not need an install kit for an EVO III.
No i didnt get a long block with turbo. Just got a shortblock and im not sure on the head. Decididing either 1g or 2g head. I do know that i have to get install kit since my motor dont have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak
For external things like a turbo there really are very few differences that will make a difference on installs. For a turbo you would need the same stuff (crush washers, gaskets, etc) for either. You could use the stock J pipe but it sucks so you might as well get a nice one. You would want to use a 2G exhaust mani as well either way.
Could 2g exhaust mani work?? also i was confused on like dejon blow through set up. do i get it for 1g or 2g?

Thank you for helping me
Old 07-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
DR.Spock
Ultra DSMtalker

95 6-bolt Talon AWD
DR.Spock's Gallery
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcLiPsEgSx012
No i didnt get a long block with turbo. Just got a shortblock and im not sure on the head. Decididing either 1g or 2g head. I do know that i have to get install kit since my motor dont have that.

Could 2g exhaust mani work?? also i was confused on like dejon blow through set up. do i get it for 1g or 2g?

Thank you for helping me
get a 1g head but sticking with the 2g head will make the swap a little easier. the 1g head will offer better performance though. yes the 2g exhaust manifold will work. keep it and port it. if you have a 2g car the nget the 2g blow through set-up.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
EcLiPsEgSx012
DSMtalker

Talon TSI/AWD/1995
EcLiPsEgSx012's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Spock
get a 1g head but sticking with the 2g head will make the swap a little easier. the 1g head will offer better performance though. yes the 2g exhaust manifold will work. keep it and port it. if you have a 2g car the nget the 2g blow through set-up.
2g head will make swap easier? How would it be easier? Im still deciding on which head but I mite use my 2g head that is on my car or i mite get good used 1g head. But i know that if i used 2g head i will be using 2g intake manifold but if i used 1g i will use 1g intake manifold.

Just another questiong could i be able to use 2g exhaust mani or i should get 1g exhaust mani??

Also what would i need to get if i get EVO III turbo, other than J pipe oil line?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 PM   #7
DR.Spock
Ultra DSMtalker

95 6-bolt Talon AWD
DR.Spock's Gallery
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcLiPsEgSx012
2g head will make swap easier? How would it be easier? Im still deciding on which head but I mite use my 2g head that is on my car or i mite get good used 1g head. But i know that if i used 2g head i will be using 2g intake manifold but if i used 1g i will use 1g intake manifold.

Just another questiong could i be able to use 2g exhaust mani or i should get 1g exhaust mani??

Also what would i need to get if i get EVO III turbo, other than J pipe oil line?
with the 2g head, you keep the 2g manifold, you still have a place to put the MPD sensor, coil pack, transistor pack. you keep the stock crank angle sensor and cam sensor. you dont need a 1g water pipe or 1g thermostat housing. there might be other stuff i missed but this should be the bigger things.

yes if you use the 2g head use the 2g intake manifold and if you use the 1g head use the 1g intake manny. you dont need the 1g exhaust manifold, the 2g is better.
Advertisement